Baby Corner

Old 11-02-05, 08:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Smile DIVF appointment went well!

Hi Guys,

Well back from my appointment and it all went well, there is a lot to tell so here goes.

We start IVF in about 2/3 weeks the reson we are holding off a few weeks is they dont want our egg retreival falling over the christmas period when the lab staff are all off and we have to cancel the cycle which is fine with us I dont want the stress of worrying about the timing falling over christmas. We had our injection tutorial though and they gave us all our meds the nurse will phone me on Thursday the 10th Nov to tell me a date to start down regulating based on my next AF. I will be down regulating for about 18 days then start the stimulation drugs up till egg retrieval the nurse estimated that we were looking at about the 9th Januarary for egg collection.

The staff were soooooo lovely they made a point of telling us to phone for support at any point that they were busy but never to busy to talk to us if we needed those times for example your best friend gets pregnant and your so happy and so sad at the same time and you need to talk to someone who understands.

I asked about progesterone support after egg transfer as my P4 has been low 7 days after ovulation during some of my DIUI cycles but the doctor said that was not an indication of low progesterone but could be an indicator of poor egg quality which they will know more about after egg collection. She said to try not to worry that they will put back the best quality embryos they can and poor egg quality on the DIUI cycles may not have been bad eggs but triggered immature eggs or poor timing of DIUI.

We have agreed to be part of the research study its complicated but I will explain see what you think. Under UK rules we get paid 2 full IVF then 1 embryo transfer or if no embryos frozen from 1st 2 cycles a 3rd full IVF each time transferring 2 embryos the UKs legal limit.

With the research study we get 3 Full IVF plus as may embryo transfers as we have embryos free and are assigned to either the 1 embryo or 2 embryo group randomly by a computer on the day of initial transfer (so if were put in the 1 embryo group we have 1 embryo put back at a time over subsequent months till we get BFP or we run out of embryos if were put in the 2 embryo group we get 2 put back a time till we run out or get BFP). We are allowed to be part of the study only if on the IVF we have minimum of 4 good quality embryos if we dont we automatically revert to the normal way of 3 IVF with 2 embryos back. The current research is showing identical pregnancy rates with the 1 and 2 embryo transfer groups but with a much lower incidence of twins, miscarriage and early labour in the 1 embryo group.

Its worth doing the study for more treatment I believe 3 IVF plus many FETs even with 1 embryo has better odds of working than 3 IVF of 2 embros.

So we are on our way I will let you know when we start the jabbing!!

Ruthx

Old 11-03-05, 12:05 AM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Glad to hear it went well! Sounds like a wonderfully supportive medical team you are working with! Best of luck for speedy success!

Old 11-03-05, 02:41 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hurray!

This is wonderful news, Ruth! I hope that you have incredible success!!!!

Old 11-03-05, 08:16 AM
Community Member

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Great News Ruth
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools