Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments doctor says i'm not producing as many eggs...

doctor says i'm not producing as many eggs...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-31-09, 12:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I feel like this whole process is gambling. This whole week they have been talking about how beautiful I am doing, how great my lining looks, and how many follicles I have. Then I go into today and my doctor is like your estrogen looks so good. So he goes to do the sonogram and he gets a frown on his face. I am like what? He said based on the number of follicles you have your estrogen should actually be double. I am like what does that mean? It says that it means most likely I will only have eggs in half of my follicles. So if he is seeing 21 follicles are best hope is for 10 eggs and he does not even know if they will all be good. My retrievel is schedule for Tuesday. I go back tomorrow at 8 to take my trigger shot and then I go the hospital Tuesday and my transfer is Friday. I left feeling so discourage. My mom keeps telling me that all I need is one good egg! That's all anyone needs. I am not trying to be greedy, like I need 21 babies. I just know that my body never does what it is suppose to and I think I would have better chances with more eggs.

Sorry I did not mean to make this about me. I just keep thinking every time I get over one hurdle, there is another one in front of me. I was worried about if I was going to stimulate. Then I did, now I have to worry about if they have eggs, then I have to worry about if any of them will fertilized and then will any of them implant.

I hate gambling. I am wishing you the best of luck. I hope you can make your decision and feel peaceful about it.

Old 02-01-09, 01:17 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

I just want to remind you both of our story. 4 dominant follicles, 3 eggs, 2 embryo's, one BFP.

Can you imagine what we'd be missing out on if we'd abandoned the cycle? I would not be sat here right now, 17.5 weeks pregnant, feeling our long awaited miracle move inside me.

It it NOT about quantity, it's about quality. You can have 150 eggs, but if they're poor quality then you might as well have none.

Whatever happens with you two, whatever path this treatment takes you, I am with you and will support you no matter what.

Will continue to check in here for updates. You're both in my thoughts and heart.
Thank you Tracey and Neil!
pearlgirlulm (02-01-09)

Old 02-01-09, 05:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Tracey,

I just wanted to say thanks! I always look to your advice. You will calm my nerves and I am so grateful you are on here.

After the above post, my doctor called and said that my estrogen and doubled and everything looks treat. My retrievel is at 6:30 a.m on Tuesday and my transfer is 11:45 p.m. on Friday. I am really excited!!!

I am really hoping to join everyone on the DD boards. I am also hoping the ibentow comes with me!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools