Baby Corner

Old 12-27-04, 05:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default dollar store HPT's

Has anyone ever gotten a BFP on one of these tests? I have been using them to check to see if the Novarel is out of my system. I did one yesterday and today (9 and 10 dpiui) with no trace of a line. I expected to see a little bit of a line and was kind of surprised when I didn't. The box says it reads 25- which is pretty good...IF it's accurate.

Any thoughts? I did pick up a bunch of tests yesterday...how can you resist an HPT for a buck...even if it doesn't work?!

Old 12-27-04, 05:59 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'd bet the hCG is out of your system. I hope you start seeing lines in a couple of days! I've never used them so have no input. It would be dangerous for me to have a lot of evil pee sticks laying around the house!!! Maybe we are both up early cuz we are wondering if maybe we are pg. This whole cycle BOB hasn't been around...until this morning. UGH. Go away go away.

Old 12-27-04, 08:32 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I've used them and I don't trust them. I never even had a faint line on them and that was after my pregnancy was confirmed with 2 betas, a FRED and a digital test. In fact they had me convinced I'd had a chemical pregnancy when I didn't get a line after the other tests but my 3rd beta proved otherwise.

Old 12-27-04, 11:38 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 201.43%

I've never used them, and I wouldn't trust them either. I think they're a dollar for a reason. Stick with the good ones for peace of mind.

Old 12-27-04, 12:55 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

There is no such thing as an HPT from a dollar store here in Canada where I live...

Lots of ladies have used them here though...I use generic ones and always LOVED them! Plus saved a bundled compared to the rest of the ladies and therefore tested ALOT more..

It is very possible for the HCG to be out of your system by now for sure - was always out of mine before 10dpiui...
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools