Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments DP and I are mommies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (child mentioned)

DP and I are mommies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (child mentioned)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-29-04, 02:43 AM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default DP and I are mommies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (child mentioned)

This afternoon at 2pm DP got a call at work from our social worker who said they have a 5 1/2 week old baby girl in foster care that needs to be placed into an adoptive home IMMEDIATELY and "were we interested?"

DP called me right away and we were both just in complete tears saying "yes, yes, yes we want her"

We called our SW back immediately and told her we want her. At 5:30 pm tonight they placed our perfect new daughter into our arms. Her name is yet to be determined (we're taking suggestions LOL!). Hopefully, we can pick one of our girl names tonight.

DP and I are both still in major shock. The birth mother has already said that she wants her to be adopted, has not appeared in any court dates and the SW said there is slim to no chance of her ever going back to the birth mom. In fact, the mom left the hospital against medical advice, left the baby (un-named!) and that was that.

I'll post more later, I can barely keep my eyes off of her, so looking at this computer is un-bearable right now.

Thank you for all the support you have given to me on this board. We will continue with our DI IVF procedures, but our plans may change a little bit. DP may just be doing an FET or we may choose to do another fresh cycle in the spring. For right now we just want to enjoy our little one.

Old 12-29-04, 04:00 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Maddy I've tears in my eyes and a great big lump in my throat from reading your post, that is just the most fantastically wonderful news!!

to you, Dp and the little one, she's one extremely lucky little girl to be placed with you both,

she's home to stay.

Old 12-29-04, 04:19 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! I am sooo happy for you!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Old 12-29-04, 04:43 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I started crying with the title and now I'm a blubbering fool. I cannot tell you how happy I am for you!!!!!! This is the most miraculous Christmas present I have ever heard of. She's definitely your angel - meant for you. What about the name Angelina?

CONGRATULATIONS Mommies!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-04, 07:18 AM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow!!!! What fabulous news and a wonderful gift for you and DP. I am so happy for you!!!!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools