Baby Corner

Old 07-29-06, 04:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Wink Embryo transfer update.

Hi all,

Wanted to post an update for those here who remember me.

Out of the 5 embryos we got from the 9 eggs retrieved 1 didnt make it past fertilisation and 2 were just terrible all fragmented and bad BUT 2 made it so we have transfered 2 x Grade 1 2 cell embies. (Grade 1 is the best grade here in scotland and there was no fragmentation at all) So we are very pleased with that.

On the down side we had a tough time with the transfer we got this brand new top notch doctor just moved here from usa and boy sis he know his stuff. He went to put the catheter in and tried for ages (this is usally a 2 second job with me over the 12 Diuis and other IVF) anyway he explained although it felt and looked like catheter was going in he wasnt sure something didnt feel right to he got the scan machine and right enough my cervix was kinked and I had fibroids right across the top of my cervix and by my tubes.

The short story is after 20 mins a cervical clamp an awful thing called an introducer and a trial transfer the embies are in the right place safe and sound. But the doc was so great he spoke to me afterwards and said this may have been the reason all the DIUIs never worked. He laid it on the line for us was totally honest.

My dh sperm is terrible,
My eggs are terrible quality and im very difficult to stimulate getting 2 decent embies from an ivf which pulled out all the stops is not good.
My progesterone is very low,
My FSH varies towards the high side at times.
I have fibroids and already had a misscarriage.

He said we had a great chance with this cycle and to hold out as much hope as we could but if we felt ready to move to other avenues if it didnt work we should consider it and move on in the peace we did everything possible and accept me and dh both have issues. This sounds sad but for me it is a great relief it is hard to move to adoption or surrogacy thinking all we face is male factor issues the "what if" is always there. So this gives me a peace and relief in fact that probably even if dh was fine we would still face problems.

So into the final 2ww I go trying not to be to hopeful but its hard not to LOL!! Wish me luck guys my Beta is 7/13/06.

Ruthx

Old 07-29-06, 05:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Ruth,

I'd been wondering how you were.

I wish you the best possible luck in all the world.

I'm so glad you got a doc that really knows his stuff. Sounds like the transfer was a bit of an ordeal, but it also sounds like you'll have the best change to date, and you got the answers you needed. Still, I'm really excited about this cycle for you. ++++++ vibes all around!

Old 07-29-06, 05:20 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sounds like that since this doc found these issues in you this time you have a great chance. He'll be able to monitor everything much better now and hopefully this will be it!!!!

Old 07-29-06, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thinking of you!!!

Old 07-29-06, 06:21 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm glad you got this doctor - he sounds like he knew so much and may have been the key that you guys needed to be successful! You are in my thoughts and prayers, sweetie!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools