Baby Corner

Old 09-27-05, 10:11 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Faint Line or just Crazy???

Okay - here I am at 17DPO with no AF. So I decided to test. I last tested on 12DPO and got a BFN so just prepared for AF. I used FMU and did a Dollar Tree test then decided I'd do a FRED too since I don't really trust the Dollar Tree ones. I "dipped it" in a cup instead of using mid-stream - only 5 seconds like the package says. After about one minute I see a VERY FAINT line on the FRED. What do you think??? Shouldn't it be way darker by now if I indeed was pg? Last time I was pg I tested 18DPO with mid afternoon urine and got a very dark BFP. If it is positive - aren't late implanters usually poor pregnancies?? Could the line have showed because I dipped it and too much urine was on it??? Of course I keep staring at it and it is getting darker the longer it sits but I know that isn't accurate. What do ya'll think??? Guess I just have to wait it out. If it is a BFN at least my cycle will be pushed out and I won't have to IUI on weekends anymore!

Thanks!!!!!

Old 09-27-05, 01:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

We often dipped versus stream -- that way if we had a defective test - which happened on either OPK or PG tests-- we could retest.

I would try again tomorrow am and see if the line gets darker - but only if you have more tests - I wouldn't buy more tests.

Old 09-27-05, 02:27 PM
Mommy to Sophie and Gabe!

Thanked 31 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I hope for your sake that this is a very good sign - it can't be a bad sign! I will cross my fingers!

smk

Old 09-27-05, 03:04 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 3513.06%

I always dipped instead of stream. I have bad aim and wanted to make sure that I got it on there.

My tests were always accurate. I always went by "a line is a line." It's not uncommon to get a false negative but it's extremely rare that you'd get a false positive.

Old 09-27-05, 03:50 PM
Mom to Frat.Twin Boys

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I have to agree with Dopey...I think a line is a line no matter how dark. Take another test tomorrow & let us know how it goes!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools