Baby Corner

Old 07-19-05, 10:46 AM
In Mommy Heaven

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Fairfax Lost My Sperm

I spoke to my RE's office yesterday about doing a clomid cycle since I will be on vacation when AF is due (if she shows at all). I then casually asked if they got my sperm, which I had shipped back in May when I had started the injectibles cycle that got cancelled. I got a call back saying they never receieved it.

I called Fairfax this morning (it was too late yesterday) and they said Fed Ex delivered it to the same building, but a different suite.

They said it's not their fault, they shipped it like they promised. Who knows what the people in Suite 800 have done with my sperm. I definitely gave them the right suite number; I have never been to Suite 800 (my RE is in Suite 610), so I know it's not my fault. I wonder if Fed Ex will reimburse me for the $315 per vial (six vials), two years of storage fees, and the $145 shipping fee? I doubt it.

I have six vials left. That's only three cycles. Honestly, this may be the last straw. I am beginning to think that this process is cursed. I really want another child badly but that's not going to happen if I never ovulate. I really do not want to adopt; I would never be accepted as a foster parent, and in a private adoption the birth mother has 30 days to change her mind. I could not handle her changing her mind after I became attached to a child. That would break me. I am really not equipped to handle a special needs child (although I know I could give birth to one) and I really want to experience pregnancy again. I was so afraid that doom was right around the corner the first time that I never really enjoyed it.

Help me! I'm losing hope!

Old 07-19-05, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Rachel, I am so sorry. I can't believe that Fairfax won't cover THEIR mistake!

That would infuriate me!! That's so totally unfair.

I understand completely why you feel the way you do - this has been a struggle. Matthew was a struggle too though and look at how worth it he is.

Sometimes I truly believe that the things most worth having are the ones that are the toughest to attain. DO NOT become discouraged - all of your trials do not equal quit. Push forward and remember you still do have samples and your ovaries WILL work. It's way too early to throw in the towel, lady!

Old 07-19-05, 07:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Call FedEx and ask what address they were given by Fairfax. You need to find out if it was a Fairfax error or a FedEx error. A mailing label was filled out by someone.

(P.S. Why on earth didn't someone in Suite 800 walk it down to Suite 610?)

Old 07-19-05, 11:53 PM
In Mommy Heaven

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

OK, after quite a few phone calls I found out that it WAS Fairfax's fault. When I gave them my RE's address, they assumed that she was with this other reproductive group in their computer in Suite 800 (I'm not sure how you mix up La Jolla IVF with Reproductive Center of California). So they shipped it to Suite 800. The embryologist in Suite 800 accepted the sperm and sent the tank back.

Now why they accepted sperm for a patient they don't have is beyond me. But fortunately they still had the sperm in storage.

I had to drive all the way to La Jolla to sign a release in person, but then then the embryologist at my RE's office went up to the 8th floor and picked it up (can't wait to see what they charge me for that).

So now I'm just waiting to hear from the RE about the clomid.

Thanks for the encouragement! It means a lot!!

Old 07-19-05, 11:57 PM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

OMG thats just insane!!! I'm glad they found it though. Don't loose faith!!!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools