Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hang in there Monique...

Old 11-28-04, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

NOPE! You're not going to throw in the towel this early, missy. I understand your fear, but feeling or not feeling something right now means NOTHING. Hang on!

Old 11-29-04, 01:21 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I know how you feel

Plus, all the meds we have been shooting up doesn't help!! My ER nurse told me that I MUST, MUST, MUST think positive and do a lot of visulizing of my baby!!! She said our own mental power is extremely powerful and there can be no room for doubt. She actually said, "Whatever power you believe in, pray to that power and keep saying 'I am a perfect child of God (or whatever you believe in)....I am open for the good that God has in store for me...' Thank God for your pregnancy now!" I know it sounds kinda woo woo (it did to me because I am not very religious, but I do believe in God) but it really has helped me to be a little more centered this go round. Now, 2 days before my beta I will be

and

, so I'll have to figure something out then! LOL!!

DP's parents go to this great church called Center For Spiritual Awareness and the minister (who RULES and just happens to be a lesbian that did IUI's with her DP to have a daughter!!!) said that everything is a miracle....sometimes we just get out of the groove and don't see them all. As she was giving her sermon, I was thinking how right she was. Everything up to this point has truly been a miracle for me!! Even the band was playing this song that went something like "Even if I never have another bite to eat - I thank you. Even if I never take another breath - I thank you" and it really made me stop and think that I do not give thanks enough to other things in my life. It made me think about all my little embies and that I should be thankful and happy for just getting them to the point that they are right this very instant!

Sorry for going off on a weird religious tangent here (I swear I am not all into all this church and religion stuff!!!), but sometimes hearing those words snape me back into reality.

Try to visualize that little baby so it can come to you!!! I think that is the most important thing.....

Last edited by SnowboardingMommy; 11-29-04 at 01:38 PM.

Old 11-29-04, 03:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Maddy, reading your post made me cry, you are so, so right. I used to post often on this board often (had a daughter via IVF) and still lurk. I'm not religious either, but how could anyone not respond to those messages?? What wonderful things to say (and coincidentally exactly what I needed to read right now, too.). You are an inspiration and a true ray of light here.

Monique, hang in there, sweetie. What has happened in the past is, thankfully, past. This is a new day and a new cycle. You have lots of reasons to be positive about this fresh start. If you can't be positive, at least be neutral -- but don't try to "protect yourself" by being negative, it's unfair. Instead, do something every day that makes you feel good -- take a bath, meditate, take a nice walk somewhere beautiful, rent a funny movie (laughter is so important!), buy yourself flowers, or my personal favorite, eat ice cream. Whatever makes you happy, just do something every single day. Make the time to be a good mommy to yourself.

We're all waiting and hoping with you. Lots of

Old 11-29-04, 05:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Good luck Babydoll. Know how you feel - on the one hand excited with hope and on the other afraid to hope...
JB
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools