Baby Corner

Old 12-02-04, 08:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%

Hi!
So when I was doing some surfing on Femara I found a message board ttc on Femera and I saw a onespermy...thought it might be you! Looksl like it is. I only

Anyway I'm excited about a change. Clomid didn't have a bad affect on me but hey after 6 failed cycles in a row I'mready for a change (esp when I got pg twice in 5 cycles before. UGH).

Anyway we did ICSI w/ DH before DIUI. Anyway if we have to go back to IVF some day, my RE said we should do half and half. GOD I hope I don't have to go back to IVF but if we did we may do that. Although my fear is twins w/ one of each! :-) That would be funny. Anyway hopefully the IUIs w/ Femara will work. Let's start a new trend of BFPs for Femera.

Old 12-02-04, 10:25 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Glad you are having such great success on the femara!!

I hope you never are faced with IVF!! I think having back up donor sperm is a really great thing especially if you have so many eggies! It would be a shame to waste them. Although, I have been hearing recently about how some clinics are now able to freeze eggs!!! I don't know much about it, but maybe you could look into it.

We are doing IVF and I have insurance coverage for it, as well. I did 3 cycles this year with my $25,000 lifetime max. We will have 2 more tries in 2005 and right now we have 13 frozen blasts from IVF cycle #2 and #3. Since my ins. will run out June 30 (I resigned and have 6 months of free COBRA) we will probably just move forward with those other 2 fresh IVF cycles (for a total of 5 fresh cycles) and then start going through the frozen embies in FET cycles (using DP's uterus and maybe mine, too).

Good luck this go round!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-04, 03:50 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Hi Christina-
Glad to see you back!!

I had insurance covered that paid 100% after a $2500 yearly max out of pocket. We also had meds covered oh I'd say I had to pay 1/3 of the cost. We did 3 fresh IVF's and I just kept storing and storing embryos. I could have done 1 more fresh but dh got on his new insurance (much cheaper than Cobra $1200/month) but we learned our new insurance covered b/w and u/s in a FET cycle but not the actual procedure.

That was enough for us and we're finally there!! Now, what to do with the rest of the embryos because if this is a boy, it will be the last pregnancy unless I get pregnant by accident.......like that's very likely LOL

I know it's very common to mix half/half or have donor sperm waiting in case they can't get lots of your dh's sperm. It's even written on our options sheet when we are signing releases for IVF cycles.

Good luck to you and so glad to see you!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools