Baby Corner

Old 11-08-05, 04:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default FET cycle begins...

Hi Gals, I got the old witch today, so start my meds Thursday. They have my FET booked for the 25th if all goes as planned..they are doing blood work and lining check on the 19th. I think having the transfer done the day after T-giving might be nice...lots of time to relax. My test is over with (I passed-yeah!) so now I have a lot fewer worries. I don't feel very positive with this one for some reason. I think I was so confident with try number one that now I feel like we are just going through the motions, but with no expectations around it. I can't explain why, but both my DH and I are like, "lets just put in the embyos we have left. It's not going to work anyway, but what else would we do with the little guys?" I know it is a poor attitude, but I just can't get too excited this time around. I feel like there is some inherent reason we can't have kids...maybe we are not supposed to be parents??? Sorry for the dark mind set...can't get past it.

Old 11-08-05, 06:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Bonnie-
I think you are just hormonal now w/ the witch and all. I am happy you are trying again, I will have the faith for you then that it will work, when do they thaw the embies? I am excited for you both, there have been alot of FET success stories...don't let Glinda or Leslie hearing you talking like this, but I can completely understand, no expectations mean you won't get let down...but in reality w/ no expectations, you will still be let down if it doesn't work, but it is going to work this time so we won't think about that! I will have the positive vibes you need. We will all be here for you. Please take care and Congrats on passing that will help alot w/o having that stressor around. That is nice that you will have the transfer after T-day that way you can relax, rest, eat pasta and pineapple and have a glass of wine. Take care and keep us posted.
Allison

Old 11-08-05, 07:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks Allison...you are right...I've got day one rage-my hormones are crazy and so is my need for chocolate!! My transfer date was just changed to 12/2...isn't it strange that they (at least my clinic) adjust your dates due to the Doc's vacation plans??? The nurse assured me that they can adjust my meds to work with almost any day after day 15....

Old 11-08-05, 10:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Bonnie.! Well, first of all maybe you aren't feeling it because you didn't start yet so what would there be for you to feel? Just wait till you get the transfer! You'll excited! You've got the lady right now, that's all you're feeling. I do however suggest you try and get more positive if YOU WANT IT TO WOrk!! There is nothing wrong with going through disappointment and pain, if it doesn't. Heck, it's part of life and no matter how sucky or how good, it's still life and makes us who we are. You do care or you wouldn't put yourself through this. It's OK!!! Eat some chocolate and smile! Leslie

Old 11-09-05, 09:30 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Welcome Bonnie-
I did not want to seem so harsh, but we all know what you are going thru. Yes they can adjust your meds like that, they did it to me. You are meant to be a Mom! just like the rest of us that have to go thru this, we just have to do it the tougher way, that just makes us stronger. Eat chocolate, drink some wine/beer and just get over the ol' witch...and you will feel much better, but like Leslie says a positive attitude helps alot. We will be here for you to support you. Take care, you passed your exam, that is half the battle, enjoy this time at least you don't have to go thru the retrieval and all, this is much better on your body if that can be said...hehehe. We are rooting for you, hang in there you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools