Old 11-06-08, 07:23 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 220%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellTTC#1

Did you check with your doctor first before taking all of it? I just want to double check.
No, I didn't specifically ask, but I had been told to do some, and the others are just good advice.

As I said a lot of the info came from Zita West. She's been involved in fertility and pregnancy now for over 25 years, as a midwife, a nutritional advisor, an acupuncturist and as an author and consultant. Over that time thousands of couples have come to her for advice on how to get into into optimum shape - physiologically, nutritionally and emotionally - for all the vital stages of childbirth from preconception to conception, to pregnancy and the months immediately after birth.

The water advice came from the clinic, you must drink lots of fluid to help your liver, and during stimming it an help reduce the risk of OHSS.

A lot of pre-natals now contain Omega-3, and there are numerous studies to show it's beneficial in pregnancy.

The protein I heard from many sources, and again it makes perfect sense.

The Brazil nuts are just part of a healthy diet, but again heard this from many sources.

Stopping the EPO is because you shouldn't take it while you're pregnant, and stopping the Co-Enxyme Q10 is because although it's a natural substance produced by the body, it has not yet been tested during pregnancy as a food supplement.

The smoking, caffeine and alcohol ban, just make common sense, you shouldn't do them while you're pregnant, and you want to also eliminate as many extra toxins that your liver has to deal with.

I hope this helps a little. It may also help you to know that I did all of this during our IVF/ICSI, and I am 5w 1d pregnant after 10 years of TTC#1

Old 11-06-08, 07:41 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 220%

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha

...he also took a sperm analysis of my husband which showed a low count and motility. The only option we were given was ivf/icsi. Both of us were very upset.
We knew that ivf would be our only hope to giving birth to a child which makes me so depressed and frustrated. I cried lot that i cannot give a birth to a child naturally why this happened to me? everyone around me getting pregnant so easily and having their babies without any problem.i also a want a baby of my own but when???

...I'm worried about the cycle, that what will happen
one more thing, the medications used in this procedure r painful or not?
Hi there! We also have just done ICSI due to male factor issues, we had poor motility and morphology, and also had high fragmentation in the DNA of our sperm.

Your initial reluctance to move to IVF is natural, but this is the best chance you've ever had of having children, everything before now is immaterial. The chances of you getting pregnant naturally, like us, is very very low. Depending on your clinic, the chances of your IVF cycle resulting in a positive result could be anything up to 60%!!

I found this really helpful to do, whenever I see a baby or a pregnant lady, I think that maybe, just maybe, she went through hell to get that baby, and just maybe, she too has been waiting years to be blessed. It really really helps, and also helps me feel not so alone in our journey.

Your Doctor should explain everything about your cycle, I can't tell you what's going to happen exactly because consultants use different protocols, but a lot of the drugs are administered by daily injection, but if this really bothers you (like it did me, I'm a huge needle phobe) then you can ask if there are some non-injectable alternatives.

Remember, we're gonna be with you every step of the way, and we'll help make it less scary! It's all worth it when you're staring at that +ive HPT!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools