Baby Corner

Old 08-01-05, 10:14 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default funny pregnancy story

I just wanted to share a funny little story with you guys that happened over the weekend. I went on a family outing on sunday with my hubby, parents, sister and her babies. The place we were going was about 2 hours away. I have been feeling quite queasy in the morning and I knew a 2 hour car ride would probably be disastrous, but I really wanted to go. I made it about 11/2 hours and the nausea was just too overwhelming. I told my dad to PULL OVER. I jumped out (luckily made it) and puked my guts out with the car load of family all watching me. My sister then hops out and asks me if I'm o.k. (I thought she was being sweet, I should have known better). She starts snapping pictures......how mortifying!!!!!!! She said she was so happy I was pregnant that she wanted to capture every moment on film

This coming from the girl who didn't have a single day of morning sickness. Isn't family wonderfully supportive in our darkest moments

Anyway, thought you all would get a chuckle. Take care Missy

Old 08-01-05, 11:50 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That is funny. Funny funny sister

. I'm sorry you feel bad but am also glad. I'm just a grouch until 2 or so, which is fine during the week because dh goes to work and isn't around for my charms but on the weekend! I think you must have twins to get that sick! I go on Tues for u/s and you Thurs!! Are you getting excited? How are the shots going? I have 12 more shots to do and two more weeks of vagina mints. I can't WAIT to quit those. I'm getting sick of the diaper feel. Yea!!! I know I'm suppose to be happy to go through all this but it gets to me sometimes, the shots, supps, my big fat butt (and belly) AND dh saying things like "that's not baby, that's just fat!" UGH!! Thanks dh. My girlfriend told me to do the pg stance ie.. one hand on belly the other one the small of your back. That way people will think you're pg instead of just fat. I tried this at the bank but the teller asked me if I needed to use their bathroom.

So much for that trick! I'm dreading the nurse's wrath when I go get weighed on Tues. I might refuse.

Leslie

Old 08-01-05, 12:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My dh told me the other day that I should start walking every day because I am getting a jelly belly (so supportive). I tried to tell him that I have always had it but was able to suck it in before. He complains about the stomach, but I don't see he complaining about the gigantic boobs

I actually go on wednesday for my ultrasound and I can't wait. I have a whole group coming with me to cheer me on. Actually they are all just taking bets on how many are in there. I hate to jinx myself, but I feel like it's twins. Of course I have nothing to compare that to, but just a feeling. I watched a show last night that went week by week through a pregnancy and showed the fetus inside the womb. It was so cool to see where we are at, and to see what your peanut looks like. I have to go out and get some books, so I know what to expect. My ass is still sore. I will be very happy when I can give up the progesterone. I'm just super happy that I don't have to do the vagina mints also. Get used to the diaper feeling though because you'll bleed like a stuck pig after the birth for many weeks

My sister had to wear pads for atleast a month after (yuck). Well, good luck tomorrow. Missy

Old 08-01-05, 12:27 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks Missy. I think after it's all over I'll just be so relieved! I have a friend that couldn't run for six months after without a diaper because she'd pee her pants! Great! I hate to say this but my dh didn't turn into Brad Pitt over night! He's actually getting some jelly to his belly too! I hope you have twins so you can tell your dh #(*)*% about the belly. My Dr. told me to walk 20-30 mins a day for exercise BUT said I was in good shape AND skinny so I'll be fine. Unlike ***** face skinny nurse! I knew you were on Wed. I don't know why I typed Thurs. Wed is my Dad's bday. I can't wait either. My butt stopped hurting after a few weeks. It is numb on one side though. I really can't believe how big it's gotten. I'm one of those flat pancake butted kind of people and I've actually got back now. I'm not into it though.

) Leslie

Old 08-01-05, 02:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh great....peed her pants! That's not giving me something to look forward to

My dh is cute, but also not a Brad Pitt. He is actually quite scrawny which bothers him. So, when he calls me chubby, I get back at him with scrawny (it works out perfectly)

I know it's childish, but in the grumpy state I am in these days, it sure feels good

I know I should be walking, but I have felt so crappy, I can barely get myself off the couch some days. Hopefully it will be better in the 2nd trimester. Where do your parents live? My mother in law just informed my dh last night that she might be coming to stay with us next summer. Don't get me wrong....I love her, but the whole summer?????? My dh thinks it's great. He goes to work every day though and I will be the one at home entertaining. I love the thought of help, but not live in help! Will your parents come when the baby is born? I read what you wrote about one side of your butt being numb...my left side is also. I thought maybe he hit a nerve at some point because the right side is fine. The numbness radiates down my thigh a bit also. Where's Glinda when you need her for reassurance

Enjoy your day Missy
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools