Baby Corner

Old 11-20-05, 10:55 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I'm so sorry Leslie that you are going through so much. Thank goodness you are coming up on the home stretch and after that little sweetheart of yours is born, you can be healthy again. Maybe after you reach that 28 week mark they will let you go stay with a friend until it's time for the delivery. If it makes you feel any better, the list of things I am able to do keeps getting shorter also

My ankles are starting to swell alot, so they said I am too active and need to be more horizontal. I would be willing to bet that when I go to the doc. in a week, they will confine me to complete bedrest

We just need to make the most of it and cheer eachother up. Hang in there and don't give up. Just think of the final outcome...your baby girl!

Old 11-20-05, 12:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Leslie, the hospital food sounds disgusting and unhealthy and I don't blame you for being pissed off - there is just no reason for it. We have the same problem in our schools, but that is another conversation....anyway, I'm wondering, is there any way someone could bring you, say, just dinners in the evenings? That way you could cobble something together reasonably healthy for breakfast & lunch in the joint, then at least you could look forward to something tasty and really healthy (and home-cooked!) in the evenings. Even if it was every other day or something....A friend of mine who is a former cook was in the hospital recently and he said the food was horrible - he wouldn't eat any of it, his girlfriend brought him all his meals. True, not quite the same situation as you (uh, he wasn't pregnant), but just a thought. I can't believe they fry the fish - it's a hospital, are they nuts?!?!

Missy, I've been wondering how you've been doing and was just about to post an entry asking you. Sounds like things aren't exactly a breeze. :-( Two is a lot to carry, let alone one! Please take good care of yourself. How are you feeling otherwise, and how are the beans doing? (I guess they're not exactly beans anymore, are they?). Have you gotten a nursery set up? That is, has your DH set one up while you dictate from the couch? :-)

Julie

Old 11-20-05, 12:35 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Leslie I'm so sorry that you've been hit with the GD bat too now on top of everything else!

You really are such a strong person to be hanging in there like you are and you deserve a good cry from time to time to let out all the stress - better out than in imo. I hear you on the food front, hospitals here in the Uk are renowned for having lousy food and I can testify to that being true in every one I've ever had to stay in. Crazy that they then turn round and wonder why you're not feeling as good as you could be

Could any of your friends / dh bring you in some nicer food from time to time maybe? Some healthy snacks? I hope the Dr oks you staying at a friends for a little while.

You're on the home straight now though at least, won't be too many more weeks now before you get to meet your daughter!

Missy did they mention raising your feet up when you do lie down to rest? Mine became very swollen a few days post-birth when my milk came in and I was ordered to raise them up on pillows overnight which really helped.
Will keep my fingers crossed that the Dr doesn't put you on total bedrest next week, keep hanging in there, you're also getting closer and closer to holding those two little miracles!

Old 11-20-05, 12:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Posted at the same time as Julie.. great minds think alike on the food front!!

Old 11-20-05, 12:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Celia, love the pic! Beautiful!

J.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools