Baby Corner

Old 11-20-05, 12:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

A

Thank you! It's my favourite one of her, one of the few with her eyes actually open!

Old 11-20-05, 06:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Julie,

I have not set up a nursery yet. Part of the reason was because I was too scared to purchase anything...felt like I would jinx the pregnancy. Now, I just don't have the energy

My mom is going to take me out to look at cribs (she might be pushing me around in a wheel chair) as soon as thanksgiving is over. Most of the time I feel o.k. I do have to say though that being pg. is ALOT harder than I thought it would be. My back hurts all the time and I'm tired alot. I can't wait for these little buggers to get here. I haven't had a dr. appointment in a month so I don't know how we are doing...however, I feel them moving around like crazy. It's really a neat feeling. It's hard to breath because my belly is so big and tight. They are way up in my chest (I'm carrying high). Well anyway, thanks for asking about me. Hope you are doing well. Take care Missy

Old 11-20-05, 07:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey girls. So after my total flip out yesterday dh came screaming into the hospital swinging. Just kidding. We got a nutritionist to come over and help plan some menus. DH will bring in a little frig so I can have him bring me stuff from home and some organic stuff. Plus all my friends are veg heads and granolas so they'll be horrified when I tell them about the hospital trying to kill me. DH is really against me going to a friend's because he's worried something would happen and no one would be around. Can't say I blame him and as long as I feel like I'm under control food wise, I'll stick it out here. Not ONCE has my blood sugar been high since they started poking my fingers. It's all a conspirancy I tell you. Jokes. Missy! I KNOW! Here we are, all knocked up, NOT feeling all that pretty (well I'm not), not getting to enjoy all the people opening the door, letting you go first in line, etc...but hey! at least we're going to have babies huh. This isnt at all how I thought it was going to go either.

Stupid hospital. Do whatever you can so they don't stick you in the joint. Maybe you can shop; on-line for cribs then have your mom go get them. Someone told me if you have twins some places give you the second for free?? Not sure but doesn't hurt to ask. This is hard huh? Leslie

Old 11-20-05, 07:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

PS Celia your little angel is so cute and sweet!! How's it going being a mom? Any advice on what you absolutely have to have? Leslie

Old 11-21-05, 03:35 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Thank you Leslie

If it's any teeny tiny consolation I maybe had like three doors opened for me the whole pg - people just either didn't notice or care, it drove me nuts! I got the train down to my mum's late on, had reserved a seat, and actually had to Argue with some numbnut in the seat next to it to get him to move his d**n briefcase off my seat!

I came to the conclusion that it's a total myth that you get treated any differently whilst pg by anyone other than those nearest and dearest to you.

Must haves.. Nappies!! And lots of them! Clothes and bedding and burp cloths too! The washing machine barely stopped the first week we were home! So I guess lots of baby washing powder too

So glad your dh is going to be taking in a fridge for you - that sounds like such a good idea! Eating nice/good food is so important and can make such a big difference in how you feel I'm so glad you'll be able to get Some decent food!! I can totally understand your dh's feelings re knowing his two girls are safe and sound in the joint, he sounds very sweet.

Missy, wonderful that your mum will be taking you out to choose cribs, even if you do have to be in a wheelchair for it. Huge sympathy on the back front, btdt. Heat pads helped a little to soothe mine I found.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools