Baby Corner

Old 11-22-05, 09:09 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey Leslie-
Yeah thank God for dh and good friends, I know they love you very much and just want you to feel better and as well as your angel. You are an amazing woman, like StacyLynn says you will be a GREAT mommy. I am rooting for you. As for me feeling fine. I have my 1 month check up yesterday and I have only gained 2 lbs! I was surprised I have been eating EVERYTHING....and gettting no exercise, I thought for sure I gained 15! it was a nice surprise, other than the constipation, doing pretty good thanks for asking. I will be 15 weeks on Friday!! My sono for finding out what the baby is is on 12/8, 2 more weeks, I know that will be exciting, heard the heartbeat again yesterday, so things seem to be progressing. I still have a hard time w/ things as I still don't feel pg...I had one bout of morning sickness and that was yesterday, go figure! nothing the whole 1st trimester and then BAM! I feel very fortunate. But I will let you all know what we are having once we know. We haven't told dh's kids yet...I think after the 12/8 sono.
Well hang in there girl...you are almost there. Take care.
Allison

Old 11-22-05, 02:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Yes, zip up / button up onesies and tops that don't have to go over their heads for the early days are definitely the Best designs to go for! Avoid things with buttons/fastenings at the back. Trouser bottoms with feet on them are much easier than those without that require socks too. I don't put Katie in dresses at the moment - the thought of attempting to put tights on her is a huge no no to me for now!! No matter How pretty they may be...

Leslie your strength continues to amaze me.

Sounds like you have some wonderful friends! and a great dh

Diane I'm so sorry that you're going to have to put up with FIL living with you when you're not comfy with that, Not what you need right now!

I can't comment on the feta I'm afraid as I can't eat goats cheese normally (makes me puke) so I never checked whether it was ok during pg. I know that soft cheeses / blue cheeses are a definite no though along with raw meat/fish/eggs.

Allison I'm so glad you're feeling so well - can't wait to hear about your scan in 2wks!! So exciting!! And I'm really glad you've not had the horrid m/s! (barring that one bout the otherday). I'm sure you'll start feeling a lot more pg once you start feeling your little one pounding away inside you. Shouldn't be too many more weeks now for that to start!

Good luck telling dh's kids.

Bonnie I truly hope it's your time soon!!

And Thank you all for the lovely comments about my picture - I was in two minds whether to put it there or not with me still posting on these boards. There's not a day goes by that I don't look at her - many times over - and think "Wow, you were just four little cells and now look!" The clinic at the hospital where we went had two boards full with pictures of all the babies born as a result of treatment there - I remember looking at them with dh every appointment and feeling a surge of hope that one day I'd be adding a picture to the boards too - needless to say we took them in a picture already, dh chose where to put it - they're filling up the third board now

So I hope it gives hope not pain seeing her pic when I post.

Old 11-22-05, 05:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Celia...your daughter is beautiful and it brings us joy to see her because we know that our turn will come

Thanks for the advice about the heating pad. It definately helps (and so does baths).

Leslie...thought you'd be up for a good chuckle. Went to the doctor's yesterday and I've gained 25 lbs. Keep in mind that I puked steadily for the 1st 4 months, so the weight gain has been in the past 2 months (can we say piggy). Give me time and I will catch up with you

Glad your dh and friends are helping you out with the food thing. It's nice to be able to have better choices (not to mention a little control over the situation). You just hang in there. My friends gave me a pep talk today because I was feeling down. They told me stories about premies that they know. One was a set of twins that were born at 22 weeks and weighed less than a lb. and they are now 3 and doing wonderful. The other was a baby born at 25 weeks and he was 1.4 lbs and he is also doing great. We are almost there Leslie

Bonnie....I feel very fortunate that my mom can taking me shopping for cribs. We are buying 2, but I want to try to keep them in the same crib for awhile. I read that having eachother for company helps them sleep better.

Diane... Sorry to hear about the perv. moving in. Have you and dh talked about it? Have you expressed that you would prefer not letting him? Just act like a moody b*%&^ and maybe he won't want to stay...blame it on being pg

Allison...that's great that you have only gained 2 lbs. I have to say though that in the first 4 months I only gained about that and now I am up to 25 lbs. Hopefully you will be better that I am with self control

I can't believe you are 15 weeks already...time flies! Can't wait to hear what you are having

Old 11-23-05, 12:19 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Missy, 25 pounds is nothing for twins! I hear great premi stories all the time. Well especially being here. 25 pounds, you're skinny! Had an u/s yesterday and my baby is 2lb10oz, about 10oz bigger than normal. You could see the chunk of her arm. It's from the gd, they get fat. It was funny. My cervix was the same so I'm now considered "stable". I feel anything but "stable" but maybe that's because I feel a lot more relaxed about everything, well except the food sitch. I agree with Missy, Diane, just mood it up. That will scare him away. Talk about your cervix too, that'll freak him out. Good luck!

Old 11-23-05, 09:57 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

hi everyone, I definitely freaked out on dh about the perv! he has no family since his mom died last year at age of 51. they were divorced but still dh has noone. i was somewhat undertanding, but still hate the thought of it. Belive me the hormonal bit%^ did come out. he basically left me no choice and said he had to do this for his dad. Whatever!

So we had a scare the other night. I started bleeding heavy on Monday night. My dh was at work, and i was alone. I called clinic and they told me to go on bed rest and wain till morning to go get checked. Not happy with that answer, and knowing i woul dnever sleep, calle the obgyn I have appointment with next week. They told me to come right in to hospital and have ultra sound. In the mean time, my dh who never calls till his break at 830, this was 730, happened to call to say hi. He had a weird feeling and decided to call, how freaky is that? SO he came and got me and we went to hospital. They did us and everything was ok, thank god. My progesterone was very low, since I was told to stop pills at 10 weeks, which was Saturday. So I am now on it again. They baby looked great, heart rate was 189-wow- and they even could get it form the regular us on stomach. they did have to do internal one too to measure uterus and make sure no tears or anything, but it was so cool. I defintiely freaked out, and was so scared. My dh was crying thinking it was his fault for stressing me out about his dad, unfortunatley that did not scare him enought o not have him move in!

So I hope evryone has a great Thanksgiving, eat lots of turkey, and have fun! Take the day to realx and get pampered!

My sister never had her babies, so we are glad, and waiting patiently for two more girls to join our crazy and hectic family. There will be my 3 sisters and their 6 kids at my moms for Thanksgiving, next year we will have 3 more. CRAZY

DIane
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools