Baby Corner

Old 09-26-05, 03:30 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default glinda?

i was wondering if your doc said it was ok to have a glass of wine after transfer. i asked mune and he said no because alcohol can thin out your endometrial lining. however i asked nurse first and she said yes its ok to. what was your whole recipe for night of transfer?
diane

Old 09-26-05, 03:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I didn't bother to ask the dr. If they can dispense valium then I can have a glass of white wine. Think of how many women drink before they know they are pg. They find out a month or so later. We start using those evil pee sticks a week after transfer. I'm not suggesting you down a bottle of scotch but 1 glass of wine is fine. I don't know the correlation between wine and lining but I can't imagine an entire lining thinning out so quickly. And just so you know, my lining was 7 mm prior to transfer, not exactly thick to begin with. My lining allowed 2 embryos to implant. My therapist agreed with my wine rationale. Relaxation is key.

The rest of the recipe includes pasta and pineapple. If you're worried about your lining, eat red meat. I ate lots of steak when I was cycling. It's supposed to help thicken the lining. Also don't forget 1 baby aspirin a day. If you're going to do acupuncture, make sure it is someone who specializes in fertility treatments. If you do acupuncture after the transfer with someone who is not familiar with the German study, it can lead to a m/c. Areas which you treat prior to and during your cycle are not always optimum for pg.

(oh yeah, and lots of junk food. Seriously, there is something to be said for comfort food like garlic mashed potatoes. Yum!)

Old 09-26-05, 05:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Icecream with almonds and chocolate sauce. I haven't had one drop of alcohol my whole pregnancy. Mostly because last time I had a beer the night before all hell broke loose. I just don't think I could take wondering if something went wrong. Well, anything I do! Glinda, my first fresh transfer I did I had acupuncture about 2 days after. She did an uterus point in my ear that felt really weird and awful. I'm thinking it's why my first cycle didn't work. I know there could be a million reasons why but with an 80% chance.....?? Anyway, she was trained to work with IVF patients but I'm not sure she knew anything about a German study. I've only done acupuncture with her once since I got pg and that was a couple of weeks ago for bloat. She didn't put anything knee down, between my thumbs or anything near the ears so I felt really comfortable. Anyway, just some thoughts. L

Old 09-26-05, 05:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

My acupuncture dr put the needles in my abdomen (blood flow to the uterus) and shins. This was done once a week while I was cycling. The German study took 2 groups of women - one was the control group and just had their transfers and the other group did acupuncture right before and right after transfer. The acupuncture group had a higher rate of pg. I didn't do acupuncture after transfer. My acupuncture dr did write out the medians that should be used if I went to someone so a needle wouldn't go into a "bad" place.

To clarify the pasta and pineapple.....I once read about sticky carbs helping with implantation (pasta). The bromelain in the pineapple is also supposed to help. It's a natural anti-inflammatory and prevents swelling. You want that uterus to be nice and smooth for implantation.

Old 09-26-05, 06:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I've decided not to do acupuncture this time around...I was concerned about how it might have affected the last cycle...I've always been pro acupuncture, but I had a weird feeling (maybe I'm just searching for something to blame). I will try the pasta pineapple diet though!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools