Baby Corner

Old 05-20-05, 09:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Glinda or Maddy?

Hi you guys!
I've posted this question to a couple of places but you guys are SO knowledge and I trust you so I thought I'd throw this out there. Today I had may baseline u/s and b/w (cd 1). Here's what they are:

Estradiol - 25.7
LH - 3.74
FSH - 8.69

Do these sound okay? They said everything was fine and started me on 225 units/day of follistem and to continue my 5 units/day of lupron. The RE said there were 4 tiny follies in each ovary, I thought there weren't suppose to be any yet!

Thanks for any input!

Glinda - How are you feeling these days? Any new exciting movements in there yet?

Maddy - How are you doin' in the 2ww? Still to early to test right?

Always thinking of you guys.

Old 05-21-05, 06:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Your numbers are fine. The fact that you have antral follicles is also a good sign. You should have more follicles popping up after you start the follistim. Be prepared that this med stings, hence the nickname "follisting".

No exciting movements to share. It does cause me anxiety. However, I'm aware that the placentas are anterior (front wall) and this is the cause of me not feeling any major kicks. I do experience feelings of little gas bubbles which aren't gas bubbles. Those are the little kicks I feel. Thanks for asking.

Good luck to you.

Old 05-21-05, 07:18 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

what Glinda said. I bet you are gonna see loads of little follies poppin' up. It's pretty amazing to watch how many will show up over the next couple weeks!! Good luck and keep us all posted on your progress!!

Thanks for asking about me. My 2WW ended today with a BFN. It was expected and I'm honestly ok about it. I'm not sad, I'm more p*ssed than anything because we just spent $3000!! Grrrr.... We still have 10 frozen blasts and I think I'm only gonna do one last FET (a natural cycle with a possible IUI) and the rest of the blasts will go back into DP's uterus sometime in the future (she's still a baby!). She has fibroids, too, so I'm not expecting anything to become of this. I've been kinda stressing out about mixing bio children with adopted children, so I'm almost kinda relieved that it didn't work (but that sounds weird and I really am maybe a smidge sad about it. I think it's more of an unbelievable "how could that keep happening?" thing). We're very excited about adopting another baby girl in 2006 and I am just enjoying my daughter now!! We are just so in love with her that all this fertility stuff is taking a backseat to her anyway.

Old 05-21-05, 10:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks guys! I needed the reassurance, although apparently it doesn't matter how good you go into it, it can still end up with a bfn.

Glinda, I'm glad you're doing well other than not feeling too much kicking. Maybe they're just letting you rest up, since they plan on being a handful once they get here!

I've had 2 shots of my follistim and I don't feel anything "stingy". Maybe it's all that extra jiggle I've got in my belly region, helps me not feel it!

Maddy, Sorry about the bfn - that really sucks. Maybe you will have better luck with DP, who the heck knows anymore. I go to a few different message boards and it seems like cycles go "perfectly" and then all these bfn's. It's so scary, I mean look at all you guys went through. I'm hopeful but very leary of being optimistic. Just "going through the motions". Anyway your daughter is just getting more and more beautiful! I'm glad you and DP are so happy. Last I heard you were finalizing the adoption I think, I hope everything went through smoothly.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools