Weekly Activity 20%

Hope everything went well!

Old 09-28-04, 02:19 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

A

sweet to think about me!!! Well, the news is they got 19 eggies yesterday!!!

The embryologist called us at 8am today and said, "I came in today and looked at your embryo's and had such good news that I couldn't wait to call you!" Out of 19 retrieved we have:

15 with 2PN's
1 with 1PN (which still may divide)
1 dark (the embryologist said this means it's post maturity)
2 non fertilized eggs (1 was mature and just didn't fert, which makes me sad and 1 wasn't mature, but they will wait to see what happens with these, too)

So, out of 19 we have 15, possibly 16 left. I was really hoping for a 100% fert rate, but considering that 1 wasn't mature and 1 was overly ripe (LOL!) I guess that is almost PERFECT!!! Looks like we only had that 1 eggie that didn't fertilize for some reason (but it still might and they will keep watching it). Doesn't get much better than that! I think our 1PN will probably divide. It seems like there is always one that is ahead of the bunch and usually will start dividing. I think it's interesting how the embie goes from 1PN to 2PN then back to 1PN before it divides (which throws off the embryologists 'cause they don't watch them every 10 minutes). So, we are just overjoyed at how they are doing!!!

I won't hear anything about them on Tuesday because they keep them in the incubator and then will look at them on Wed. to let me know if we are doing a 3 day or 5 day transfer. I am going to assume it will be another 5 day blast transfer, so we are keeping our

. I figure we had luck with a blast transfer last time, might as well give those little one's the opportunity to perform for us.

I am so scared, you guys....but I am so positive this cycle!! The ER went so well and everybody was overly nice to me yesterday. It really kept my spirits up. The only thing we had a problem with was my IV. They stuck me in 3 different locations with that dang 21g needle before they got it to work. Ugggh....I look like a junkie!!! Oh, and and my favorite RE did the ER for me. She was so cute when DP and I showed her this little rock thingie that we have (it says "HOPE" on it). I held it up until they wheeled me into the ER room and then DP held it for about 45 minutes in the waiting room. When we showed it to our RE she was like, "Oh, wow...can I touch it???" and then she handed it to my nurse to touch it, too! LOL!! She is so funny!! Have I ever mentioned how much I love her?

Oh, you know what I find odd? All of my follies were less than 20's at my last u/s. It's bizarre that one of the eggies in a follie that size was TOO mature!! Wonder what is up with that? I know in IVF cycles they like to keep the follies smaller and 15 is considered mature. Maybe it's the injectibles that matures them faster? I know on clomid even a 28mm follies "normal" and they do tend to get bigger on clomid. Just one of those things that make me go "hmmmm...".

Old 09-28-04, 09:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Good luck Maddy, you've got positive vibes coming from everywhere!

Old 09-29-04, 03:42 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thinking of you Maddy!

Old 09-29-04, 03:48 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

Woo hoo!!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools