Baby Corner

Old 10-30-04, 06:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Congrats, Maddie!
Now with all that financial burden lifted from your shoulders, you should be more relaxed and be able to just focus on the baby-makin' part!
Enjoy your weekend - I loved the spider!

Old 10-31-04, 03:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Maddy!
Yeh you really did sound like you were typing faster than you could talk- but excellent news.

Just one question- what is heloc? and refi'd? You'll have to forgive me, being from the other side of the pond and all.....

by the way, love the spider,

love halloween too.. although harry doesn't he barks and goes nuts every time someone knocks at the door, and gets scared by all the fireworks, bless him.
he is allowed up on the sofa for a cuddle when all the fireworks go off.

. non stop between now and the 4th November.

Old 10-31-04, 09:16 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

by the way, I visited the adoption and fostering site like you said Maddy, and boy is it slow!
also not so friendly as everyone is here. I posted an introduction on there mid week, and although I can see 8 peole have viewed it, no one has bothered replying! not quite the supportive community there is on DI!!

Old 10-31-04, 07:27 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default child mentioned

Glinda, well...not quitting per se.....resigning.

Plus, even if they accept my resignation I still get 6 months of free COBRA insurance and then I can still pay for my own COBRA when that runs out. Luckily I can be put in DP's insurance, so after I suck all the fertility benefits out of them I probably won't be paying $400/mo. for COBRA.

Kylie...a HELOC is a home equity line of credit. Kinda like a 2nd mortgage, but it's a revolving line of credit. I agree that board is very slow. I'm sure most folks in the adoption process are posting on adoption boards somewhere.

Lets kick things up over there, shall we? In fact, I have a post I'm about to post over there about DP's little 11 mo. old cousin that we just watched for 3 days. Lemme tell ya...he's probably the best baby I have ever taken care of, but for about 5 seconds when he was having a meltdown I was wondering if I was INSANE for walking down the TTC and adoption route! LOL!!!!!!

Alicia, that is good that you get 6 free IUI's! Every little bit helps!

Jules, that is good to know. I don't think I should have a waiting period since I have been TTC for 2 1/2 years and obviously the benefits kick in on Jan. 1. I can't imagine everything kicking in except the fertility coverage. But with ins. co.'s you just never know. Ugghh..... I just hope this next cycle works for me and I don't need 2 more IVF cycles.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools