Baby Corner

Old 10-02-06, 07:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Got in to see RE today

Well, I feel better than I did before I left home this morning. So, here is the scoop. I had only one follicle maturing and it was at 19 today...my E2 level was 214 on Saturday which I was informed is in line with some one taking Femera which lowers your estridol level so the ball was in my court and I was freaking out. The savey staff recognized TTC woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown and shoehorned me in, literally, RE cut his lunch short, to meet with Brian and I.

So, here was REs input:
-yes, my FsH is high but he believes it is in line with someone my age and that my level will progressively increase but it is not an overnight situation
-he considers my best best still IUI, last month was + HcG even though only for 5 days and also + for 8 weeks in Feb/March...he reminded me (again) that 2 pgs out of 4 cycles is pretty good, even though my pgs have not progressed
-he wants to hold off on IVF for a few more months, he is recommending to approach my protocol more agressively so he suggested Gonal-F, Follitropin Alpha combined with Femera
-so, Brian & I asked some questions about the move to injectibles (the actual process) and then I cancelled this month's cycle, between transportation costs, time off work, sperm costs and lab fees, I gotta go for the highest success cycle possible.

So, that is where I stand, bought a bottle of wine (Brian laughed and said "go wild" when I announced I was buying one) and now I have to talk to my superviser at work about staying on removal longer...I work in a radiation possible environment so to TTC I have been on removal.

So, how have those who are using injectibles felt about Gonal-F, Follitropin Alpha?

Thanks for all the support and input as always my dears,

Old 10-02-06, 09:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm really ecited for you, but after seeing your levels, depressed for myself. I can't get over you E2 levels. Mine hardly ever get above 180 with follies in the 20 range. I'm also on Femera. I always thought those levels were low, now I'll have to ask the doc to be sure.

My doc also mentioned something more agressive next go around if this one doesn't work. The femera combined with some kind of injectable. So I'm anxious to see what everyone else has to say about injectables.

Good LUck for the next go, and enjoy a glass of that wine for me. I'd so love a drink.

Old 10-03-06, 12:40 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That sounds like really good news!

I was just wondering - since you work normally in an environment where you might deal with radiation, wouldn't all of your eggs be already irradiated? I would think that the first few weeks of pregnancy would be more sensitive for radiation exposure. The embryo grows so fast early on and radiation would adversely effect the growth and possibly cause miscarriages. My husband was a nuclear electrician for years and I just talked this over with him too, and he agrees. Your eggs have already been exposed, but the embryo and later fetus is the one that needs to be away from the radiation. Just giving you my

GOOD LUCK to you!

Old 10-03-06, 06:55 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

So glad to hear you have a plan that makes you happy....it WILL happen...

Old 10-03-06, 08:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks gals. Yes Tracey, I've already been nuked so to speak, the difference is that I work as a fuel handler and as a result could get exposed to radiation as an internal update which can be a whole different ballgame...there are forms of radiation that can stay in your body from a few days to months (or longer) Most of the stuff I'd deal with would be weeks (if internal uptake) and that could have a direct impact on a developing zygote. So, the request to stay on removal is mainly to prevent the internal exposure, which i've luckily, even during hot work have never had...but the only way I can guarantee it is to not be moving around spent fuel daily...not with my hands, I'm usually in the 100 Ton crane

So...again my Q, anyone else been on Gonal F?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools