Old 11-01-05, 06:10 PM
is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Smile Had my FET done!

Hello ladies!

We had our FET done at 1030 on Sunday Oct.30th. It went very well. We were happy to get our doctor to perform the transfer. (On w/e we run the risk of having his partner covering for him.) DH was present and was facinated yet again by the images on the ultrasound screen. They transfered 2 eggs which our doctor said "thawed nicely". He also said the eggs were not as good quality as our last 2 but that they were coming along just fine. They gave us pictures of our embryos as well.

He put the first egg in just fine, the 2nd egg took a couple tries to get it into the right spot.
Because of the shape of my uterus it makes for a tricky transfer. My uterus is heart shaped and my one side is slightly larger than the other side. So he put the eggs into my right side or horn as some call it. I guess the wall coming down the centre of my uterus can get in the way as well. All in all it went very well and I have been on bedrest since. This is my first time really getting up and moving around (just a bit).

Dh has been great, bringing me my meals in bed and watching movies with me. He has been calling me mommy and already talking to my tummy and patting my tummy. I love it! He never did this with the last 2 cycles in fear of getting my hopes up.
I am going to really enjoy these 2 weeks thinking that it worked. It will help to think positively rather than try and put it out of my mind saying "don't get your hopes up, it probably won't work". I did that the last time and who knows maybe that's why it didn't work.

Well I think I have gone on long enough. Thanks everyone for listening.
Hope everyone had a happy halloween!

Old 11-01-05, 06:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Your experience sounds wonderful! Postive attitude can only help

Enjoy your DH's attention! It all sounds just perfect and great!

Old 11-01-05, 08:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That sounds super positive Mary Ellen. Woohoo! I'm sure it's going to work. I didn't have good quality embies either and here I am with a big huge baby growing in me. It seems like will all the differences you get a BFP in LESS than two weeks now. I can't wait to hear. Keep up the great work. Leslie

Old 11-01-05, 10:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

What a great experience you had. Sounds like everything worked out perfectly

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Take it easy for the next few weeks and let your dh spoil you rotten. Let us know when your beta will be. Missy

Old 11-02-05, 09:46 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Congrats Mary-Ellen, sounds like the transfer went well, glad dh and your regular dr. were there to help. Sounds like dh is just wonderful, thru this process. I will be thinking sticky thoughts, did you eat some pasta? and have some pineapple? Well take care, relax, let dh dote on you and will be waiting to hear the BFP. When do you go for the pg test?
Allison
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools