Baby Corner

Old 01-03-06, 12:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Well, we had forty people over for a "baja midnight" party-everyone was gone by 10pm!! Unfortunaltey I had my first bout with fatigue and queesy feelings...I had to take three naps throughout the day...glad I wasn't working....while cleaning and cooking mexican food for 40 (my favorite!) but then could barely handle the smells and certainly didn't eat a bite of it-YUK! Luckily everyone esle raved about how great it was....I'm glad that event is over!!!

Old 01-03-06, 01:35 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That's funny Bonnie. I'm a tabasco aholic and super hot chilis and haven't been able to even look at any of it since I've been prego. I thought maybe it would go away by the 3rd trimester so tried some Thai food! YIKES Talk about the heartburn. It sounds like you had a great time though.

L

Old 01-03-06, 02:18 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It is funny what you can and can't eat...I've been living on ginger chews lately... The party was fun...we are politically incorrect and announced the pregnancy (I can't help it!)...everyone is really happy for us-so it was a joyous occasion...of course I'm still nervous about the m/c possibility...I think the pluthera of symptoms, seeing the heart beat and all of the hormone support make it less likely, but still....

The family is so excited that my MIL even called my FIL after some 20+ years of not talking! Amazing how one little being is changing lives already!

Old 01-04-06, 01:29 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

hi everyone, hope your new year is starting out great. we did nothing really, went to sisters, had chinese food, saw new babies and took care of drunk dh and brother in law as they played cards. real fun!

had an interesting day yesterdat. we called police at 3 in morning to make a missing oerson report on FIL> he left sunday and never came home. dh was real upset, lost his mom a year ago. at 430 pm he strolled in lile nothong had happened. i never saw dh flip out so bad. l;ooks like he may realize now why i did not want hom with us. never boring here i tell you.

had my appointment last week, things are still good. i lost another 2 pouinds, doc saysnot to worry since i started out fluffy. l liked that term! so i go for 18 week us on the 16th to find out sex. my birthday is the 23rd, so it will be a good present, maybe tear will be gone too so we can be "intimate" again.

other than that, not much. i have been starting to freak about labor and a not paid maternoty leave. how am i gonna do it?

Diane

Old 01-04-06, 01:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow Diane, never a dull moment is right! Your FIL is a piece of work...hopefully he'll be out of your home soon. Who needs the added stress? I think freaking out about labor is natural (at least I hope so). I keep telling myself that millions upon millions of women have done it before me so I can do it too...why don't you have paid maternity leave? I think if your company has more than 50 employees, you should qualify for short term disability...I do hope you'll be able to take some time either way so that you can recoop and bond...

[
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools