Baby Corner

Old 01-05-06, 11:17 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

hi bonnie, your right, life is never boring over here. I am a nanny for 2 families, so i will not get a paid maternity leave. I am lucky enough that when i come back to work i will be able to take my baby to one of the families with me. they onle have one child so it should work out. the other family have 3, so I would not attempt that at all. My dh works nights so he will be able to stay home 2 X a week with baby. I keep telling myself that people have babies all the time, but I still get freaked out by the thought if it. Oh well, I think thats normal for first time moms.

How are you feeling. Any more morning sickness? Wait till you see how fast this goes by for you. I can not believe I am 17 weeks already. I think I popped over night. I am carrying really high up, and feel really round all of a sudden. When did other people notice to pop? Have you been able to eat and stuff? I may be getting my us switched to the 13th. YEAH, Friday the 13th. with my luck the baby will have its legs crossed. MY dh can not make it on the 16th, and he obviously would like to be there, so called nurse this am to see if they could and would move it up a few days. we will see. take care of your self
DIAne

Old 01-05-06, 01:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Lucky Friday the 13th! That is my next US too...I'm already very limited on clothing. Several of my pants I can't button, but MANY of my blouses are just too tight. My boobs seriously are like Pam Anderson's right now...that would be good if I had her butt and thighs to match, but no such luck. I'm having to wear jackets to work each day to try to hide these things! I promised myself that I'm going to buy new bras at lunch! My body is no longer my own.

As far as food goes, I have had several bouts with quessy feelings, but haven't vomited as of yet, and hopefully will miss that loveliness all together...

Diane, Have you gone to maternity clothing yet? I think it is great that you will be able to take your baby to work with you! Sounds like a nice arrangement!

Old 01-05-06, 02:34 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

hi Bonnie, I am wearing maternity pants, I still fit in regilar clothes, but much more comfortable in the maternity jeans. My boobs are also out of control. I was just checking on line to see what to expect to pay for bras. I did get my appointment for the 13th at 2pm. I am psyched!

It will be a great arrangement to bring baby to work. I have seen how I am with my 6 month old puppy at home with dh, and realized I really like to be in control of everything. Its gonna be hard to even leave dh home with baby for 2 days. I guess we all have to make sacrifices though right. .

Thats great about not throwing up yet. I actually only threw up 1 time, just felt miserable the rest of the time. Keep in touch
Diane

Old 01-05-06, 03:18 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey Ladies-
Our New Year's went well, went to dinner w/ friends and got home around 11:30 pm, thankgoodness, did not want to be on streets too much, sat in the room watching Dick Clark w/ our sparkling grape juice and rang in the New Year w/ our baby-Golden Retriever. It was nice. That is great Diane about work and bringing your baby, I am trying to find daycare now it is hard to think about. I have not popped yet, everyone says you don't look pregnant, I said naked I do! But I am starting to feel her more, she tickled me from the inside the other day and I just laughed out loud. Yes it is not your body anymore, I figured that out, I look down and see my cankles and my dark boobs and go this is not my body. But it is worth it, not long now. Sorry to hear about the FIL though, that has got to be hard on you. Hang in there. Hope the u/s goes well, and that you will be able to see him/her. And hope the tear is better too, so you can have the big O. Bonnie good luck next week as well, you will be amazed when you get to see the baby for the first time, pretty cool also good luck w/ the big boobs, mine are just starting to get out of control and I have a bunch of skin tags popping up another perk of being prego, but that is ok w/ me. Well everyone take care, good luck w/ the u/s ladies. StacyLynn you go girl, I love your strenght and faith....it will happen for you, I can feel it.
Allison
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools