Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Hard day know you will understand...

Hard day know you will understand...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-25-04, 04:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy Hard day know you will understand...

Hi everyone,

Well today was one of those hard days you just cant explain to people who are not going through infertility.

My sister in law (dh sister) told us 3 months ago she was starting to try for a baby, she was so lovely told us to prepare us for the event of it happening. She told us how important we would be in the babys life as Aunty and Uncle and that she would understand if some days we could not visit her if she was pregnant depending on how we were feeling. She said if she had a baby we could stay away when we needed to or come visit and give baby a snuggle when we needed to. They were so understanding of our feelings and the struggle of infertility.

Well today we got the call, could we come visit they had something to tell us. Yup 3 months of trying and they are pregnant. Dont get me wrong I am 99.9% over the moon for them we are all very very close so we are glad they dont have to go thro the hell of infertility like we have and we are delighted to be Aunty and Uncle.

BUT........ yes that 0.1% of us is dying inside that they just decided to have a baby and 3 months later there you go the big announcement. I feel like it is so unfair. My poor dh is worse than me he is so upset feels its all his fault that we cant be making the dreamed of announcements due to his IF. I have tried to reassure him but it hurts him so much. It was hard to sit there tonight and talk about how the happily the rest of the family will react to the big announcement when it is a dream we dream so often.

Guys thanks for the vent I know you will understand..

Ruthx

Old 09-25-04, 06:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh...

...I am sooo sorry for you. I know it hurts so much when others get to announce their happy news when you don't. Take it easy...it sounds like your SIL is very thoughtful. That will help a lot in the long run.

Last edited by alicia67; 09-25-04 at 06:31 PM.

Old 09-25-04, 08:08 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I know I have oh so been there...as have most if not all of us....it is soooo tough...please know it will be your turn soon enough!

Old 09-25-04, 08:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I think each of us has been there...done that. It's only human...life is unfair. Just think of the joy you and they will feel once it's YOUR turn for the news.

Old 09-26-04, 11:34 AM
Waiting for that BFP!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ruth - lovely to see you around, and well done on your weight loss!!

I too have been there, its an awful feeling, and you're only human, you're bound to feel this way.

It sounds like your SIL is a lovely thoughtful woman, and just think - your new niece/nephew will need a cousin to play with in a year or so

Marie xx
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools