Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Hard time around failed IVF due date?

Hard time around failed IVF due date?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-18-05, 12:15 AM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Absolutely!! I remember the first time my due date rolled around for my first pregnancy (my ectopic from an IUI) and I was so incredibly sad that I thought I was going to die from being so heartbroken. Then my sadness turned into rage because NOBODY called me and said that my little angel was in their thoughts. Of course, later I realized that is ridiculus for anybody to remember something like that and I felt really silly. DP said she didn't want to talk about it because I was so upset that day.

I still cry for each loss that I've had and I'm sure I always will.

I'm so sorry you are feeling bad this week. I know the heartbreak and am thinking of you.

Old 01-18-05, 07:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Oh, Susanne! I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this now, I wish I had replied sooner. Of course you were sad, that makes perfect sense. I guess I'm lucky...I've blocked out all my due dates. I can calculate them if I want, but I always stop myself the moment I start. It's just way, way too painful to bear.

I'm thinking of you and sending you big hugs. You know you can call me any time!!

Old 01-19-05, 10:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Susanne, I'm sorry due dates get you down. I, like Sarah, block them all out. One day I was incredibly sad and I realized it was a due date. It's as if even though I didn't mentally acknowledge the situation my body was mourning. Basically the reason I can't let myself get down is because I'd be down every month. I've had too many failed cycles and too many m/cs.

Feel better.

Old 01-20-05, 12:09 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

You ladies are simply the very best. Thank you so much for your kind words.

I don't think it helped much AF actually showed on the exact day. How wicked is that?

I feel much better now that it's come and gone.

Thanks again... you all are so dear to me.

Susanne
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools