Baby Corner

Old 10-07-05, 03:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Percoset sounds good to me! :-)

I was worried about that too, but my doc said she could remove the cyst with just the two incisions, although if the ovary is involved she might need to make the lower one just a little bit bigger. Ugh. It make me sick just thinking about it.

Old 10-07-05, 05:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Julie-Good luck with the surgery next week, that was quick. I am sure you will do fine and you will get to go thru IVF soon, did they say how long you would have to wait to start? I will be thinking of you. Keep us posted on how you did and how you are feeling. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Old 10-07-05, 06:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Julie, I had the same thing and it was no big deal. The gas didn't hurt it was just uncomfortable. They blow you up with gas so they can see everything really good. They will FOR SURE give you painkillers. Is someone going to be around to help you out with food and stuff? You might not feel like getting up for a couple of days. I'm SO glad you're getting everything taken care of so quickly. You'll do fine!! Leslie

Old 10-07-05, 08:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%

It's a year at the end of the month since I had my lap.
I had co-codemol to take home with me as pain-relief. The leftover gas was a dull achy feeling, in my stomach and up around my shoulders (I was told to expect that). It took a couple of days to clear, I was advised to move about as much as I felt able to (whilst not overdoing it) and to drink some peppermint tea to help get rid of the gas. It hurt, but wasn't as bad as I'd thought it was going to be.
Is there anyone else that could keep you company afterwards whilst dh is away? If not get yourself some good movies/magazines and some ready cooked appetising meals that just need heating up. I'd also recommend making sure you've take some loose clothing to come home in and to mooch about in that's not too tight on your tummy as it may be a little bloated with the leftover gas for the first day afterwards.
Wishing you a speedy recovery

Old 10-08-05, 05:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Julie.. I had a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy and it wasn't so bad. They went in and removed endometriosis adhesions and 3 fibroids on my uterus. I didn't have any pain from the incision sites, but did have pain in my shoulder from the gas. Use a heating pad if you have one, it really helps. They gave me pain meds, but I didn't take any of them...tylenol was fine. Good luck.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools