Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Haven't posted in a very long time....here to day don't ever give up hope!

Haven't posted in a very long time....here to day don't ever give up hope!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-04-06, 10:41 AM
Julia's mommy

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Haven't posted in a very long time....here to day don't ever give up hope!

Hi ladies!

I haven't posted on these boards in well over a year so most of you don't know me or won't remember me. My husband and I tried to conceive using a donor for years. We went through a lot including 8 failed AI cycles using low doses of fertility drugs, 2 major surgeries, 3 failed IVF cycles which included treatments for natural killer cells, APA's, etc and one miscarriage. It was the worst time of my life and I completely gave up a few years ago.

A few months ago I started thinking about trying again. One of my ovaries was removed during my last surgery and I knew if I was going to try again I should do it while I still can. All the of the "what if I try one more time" thoughts came flooding back. After going back and forth a zillion times I decided I would never do IVF again. It was waaay too much on me and my body. I decided I would try AI and just see what happens, never in a million years did I think it would work, especially because I chose NOT to use any drugs and go the natural route. I was really just doing it one more time to put my mind at ease and really, for once and for all, put this chapter behind me and move on with my life.

Well, here I am, a little over 8 weeks pregnant!!!!!

I am still in total complete SHOCK! Our little bean is due on October 12th. I know I am not out of the woods and right now I am just enjoying every day as it comes. My first beta which was about 21 days after O (I was in denial and wouldn't allow myself to take a HPT for a LONG time) came back at 34,720!!! My progesterone came back then at just about 27 so I'm not on any supplements. At my last ultrasound earlier this week the baby actually LOOKS like a baby (you can see a head, body, arms and legs) and it's little heart was beating 168 beats per minute. So far everything is going perfectly. I go back again for another U/S on the 10th (they're watching me very closely because of my history). I am on cloud nine, hoping and praying like never before and just taking every day as it comes right now.

I am posting to hopefully give some of you hope. This isn't an easy road and unfortunately it can take a LOT of time. Just hang in there and if you feel like you aren't ready to give up then don't because you never know what will happen.

Best wishes to all!

Dee

Old 03-04-06, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow!! Congratulations on that little bean!!!! Enjoy every day!!

Old 03-04-06, 11:06 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Dee, this is AMAZING news!!! I am so very happy for you. I know how long this road has been for you. I wish you a very easy and healthy pregnancy. You deserve it

Old 03-04-06, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

I remember you, and congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

Old 03-04-06, 12:44 PM
Lauren & Alexander's Mom

Thanked 20 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Dee!!! Congratulations. I am so happy for you. I'm sending every bit of sticky dust I can find to you.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools