Baby Corner

Old 04-17-05, 12:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Hello everyone

I was reading about what all of you are going through and I feel totally lost. My husband and I have just completed our 1st IVF cycle (the transfer was on friday). Nobody has told me things like depth of my lining, progesterone levels, etc. All I know is that 7 eggs were harvested, 4 fertilized (1 of which stopped multiplying immediately), and 3 embryos were put back. One embryo they said was a HIP embryo (good quality I guess). Day 2 I had unbelievable cramps with some discharge. I am day 3 today and the cramps are much better. My blood test is on the 26th. Can anyone tell me what I should be feeling....is the cramping normal. Will I feel pregnant if I am? Thanks, and good luck to you all.

Last edited by Missy M; 04-17-05 at 12:16 PM.

Old 04-17-05, 08:43 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

hi missy, I feel your frustration. I am 10 days past transfer, my blood test is on tuesday. I am doing the progesterone shots, but like yourself, my clinic has not told me anything about lining numbers or progesterone levels. I had 7 eggs harvested, two were transferred. It was a three day transfer (I didn't even know that there was a 5 until I read some of the postings), a 4cell and a 7. They told me about the qualities before there were implanted. I did not have any cramping afterwards but, again, from the posting it seems people do. I was also told that I could resume most activity, besides running, the following day. I had period like cramping on day 6 and 7 and was convince that I was getting AF. It went away on day 8 and I never did get AF which was supposed to be 4 days ago. I'm wondering if that's a positive thing or is it normal not to get it on time after the transfer. I don't feel pregnant and I haven't dared to take a test. I have had a bad headache for 4 days. My only advice about the 12 days is to keep positive people around you and to keep busy!! I'll keep you in my prayers! Laura

Old 04-17-05, 09:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Laura,

Your situation sounds so much like mine. I had a 7 and a 4 transferred on day 3 also. The only difference is that I also had a 3 which they were going to discard and I said no way....I want it put in. I worked too hard making those embryos to have any discarded

I am saying a little prayer for you that your blood test comes back positive. Good luck on tuesday. (Mine is a week from tuesday). Missy

Old 04-18-05, 09:11 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Missy, my clinic made me crazy with all the hormone level checks. So it's not always a good thing for your sanity. However, I do like/appreciate that they check levels and uterine lining at 5 dpt. This is early enough to give patients supplements or additional supplements if their P4 levels and E2 levels are on the low side. Since you are 3 dpt, why don't you ask your dr to check your levels if you are concerned.

Good Luck!

Old 04-18-05, 11:07 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glinda...Thanks for the advice. I am going through Boston IVF and their usual standard of care is progesterone gel daily starting the day after harvest. So, eventhough I don't know my progesterone levels, it's covered. My problem isn't progesterone though. When my husband and I went through a year of IUI's, my progesterone frequently got up in the 30's and 40's without any help. I think I would just like to know my numbers and what they all mean. Does anyone out there know if it's normal to have horrible cramps off and on after the transfer? They come and go and usually don't stay long? Thanks Missy
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools