Baby Corner

Old 04-18-05, 10:35 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Missy, how funny that you are in boston! I had my tranfer done in lexington, and I live in the providence, RI area. They didn't tell me the size of the other embies, all I know is that I got a letter saying that 1other was "good enough" to be frozen. I have to say that I have learned so much from the women on this site. thank you! Blood test at 8am tomorrow! Eeek. Laura

Old 04-18-05, 09:27 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Huh?

Don't feel bad. My clinic only told me the grade of the embyos they put back in, told me to go home, do my shots, then test in two weeks. They did say I could have cramping and to take Tylenol if it was bad so that sounds pretty normal. They also said I might have some spotting on day 4 which was a good thing (of course I didn't have it so I'm freaking out). I have another week to go and feel ALL the typical symptoms but I'm sure they're mostly in my head. I did a HPT on Sunday just to see but it was negative. It's really hard to wait these two weeks especially since I've been waiting for this for about a hundred years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy M
I was reading about what all of you are going through and I feel totally lost. My husband and I have just completed our 1st IVF cycle (the transfer was on friday). Nobody has told me things like depth of my lining, progesterone levels, etc. All I know is that 7 eggs were harvested, 4 fertilized (1 of which stopped multiplying immediately), and 3 embryos were put back. One embryo they said was a HIP embryo (good quality I guess). Day 2 I had unbelievable cramps with some discharge. I am day 3 today and the cramps are much better. My blood test is on the 26th. Can anyone tell me what I should be feeling....is the cramping normal. Will I feel pregnant if I am? Thanks, and good luck to you all.

Old 04-18-05, 09:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Good luck

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraann
Missy, how funny that you are in boston! I had my tranfer done in lexington, and I live in the providence, RI area. They didn't tell me the size of the other embies, all I know is that I got a letter saying that 1other was "good enough" to be frozen. I have to say that I have learned so much from the women on this site. thank you! Blood test at 8am tomorrow! Eeek. Laura

Old 04-19-05, 08:57 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I just wanted to wish you good luck. I hope you get a positive test next week. I also want to let you know that the cramping is pretty normal. I have heard the progesterone can cause cramping. I was also told by my clinic that some woman have cramping when the embryo plants into the lining. This could be a good thing.

Wishing all of you with a pregnancy test coming up good luck. I am hoping you all have a positive result.

Alicia

Old 04-19-05, 09:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I know what you mean about the two weeks seeming like forever. We have been trying for 3 years to get pregnant. We did a whole year of IUI's before our doc. said invetro was the only way for us to maybe get prego. We've looked into adoption but just really wanted to try this first. We have one week left to wait. Our test is tuesday and it seems like forever away. I know 2 people who have done several rounds of invitro with no luck, so we are just really crossing our fingers. What day next week is your test? Good luck!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools