Baby Corner

Old 01-26-05, 11:55 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Thank you so much for your answers Glinda! I hope you are ok, sending some very grateful positive vibes over the pond to you.
I managed to get a 75mg doseage of aspirin today at the village chemist's

Will get redmeat onto the menu

Was injecting into abdomen throughout the d/reg. When I started stims I was starting to get sore & becoming bruised from the shots, so swapped to thighs and got immediate bruises. Will try and track down some Emla cream & Tylenol

- haven't dared take anything for the headaches at all so far.
Will stop worrying about the leakage. Last night we did one in each thigh, so will stick to that for now I think.
Will ask my clinic on friday what their protocol is re size of follies. With it being a satellite clinic I get to bring home a copy of my notes to take with me to the hospital in Leeds to match with those already sent over when the time comes, so I get to look over them after each appt - which I like

There is a chart all ready to be filled in re side, number and size of follicles on friday.

Thank you all so much for all your best wishes

Celia

Old 01-26-05, 01:37 PM
Community Leader

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Hey girl, this is the tough part of IVF. I hated the stim shots, mine were subq, I did follistim/repronex. I took tylenol to help with the pain, I tried the frozen peas thing but ended up not doing it anymore because it didn't help. If you take IM shots of progesterone, put them in your thigh but keep your knee bent, it's better to have the muscle relaxed. Try to not worry about the fertilization (better said than done, right?) We did TESE/ICSI/IVF because of DH's 20+ year old vasectomy. We have a DD from that fresh cycle & are currently in our FET.

Old 01-28-05, 08:04 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Default Follies Scan!

Had my 8th day stims scan this morning and I'm ahead of where they thought I'd be by a day. There are 15 follicles in there that they can see!

Breakdown is :

9 on the Right : 4x13mm, 3x12mm, 2x11mm
6 on the Left : 1x14mm, 3x13mm, 2x12mm

So guessing that means Left 14mm is the lead follicle, but right ovary has worked a little harder. They've warned me that if Leeds Hosp (St James') collect 15+ they consider it hyperstimulation and will put me on IMshots into my bum. But also said that not every follicle may produce an egg / there may be more follicles they couldn't see underneath the ones they can.
They told me their protocol is for collection when at 20/21mm. My lining was at 8mm

I'm to keep taking the buserilin+gonal-f till Sunday night, then I'll be triggering with 10,000iu of pregnyl at 9pm Sunday for an 8.30am Tuesday 1st Feb collection over in Leeds (means leaving here at 6.30am

). Pacing floor day is Weds until they call to say how many are at 2pn, then hopefully back Thurs 3rd to take two on board

The blood test is booked for valentines day - I so hope that's a good omen

>

Last edited by Celia_M; 01-28-05 at 08:32 AM.

Old 01-28-05, 12:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

that's excellent, look at you go.
I think also getting your beta done on valentine's day could be a good luck charm for you.

Old 01-30-05, 10:11 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I just wanted to tell you not to worry too much about the hyperstimulation. I had 24 eggs and only had mild hyperstim. I did not require any meds except the Medrol that they give everyone. It took about a week but my ovary calmed down.

I will keep my fingers crossed for Valentines
day.

Alicia
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools