Baby Corner

Old 03-06-05, 03:00 PM
Soooo ready 4 a baby

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Question Help

If your cycle is going to be cancelled due to low E2 level, is there any way to turn it into an IUI cycle or anything? I assume that if your E2 is low there is no way you would get pg anyway right? On my stim day 5 it was 31. I go back tomorrow and the cycle will probably be cancelled. My dh just informed me that it would be our last since we have used our funds on 2 cancelled cycles. I just want to make sure there isn't anything else I could do.

Old 03-06-05, 03:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Yes, you can convert an IVF cycle to an IUI cycle. I've done it myself. What did your u/s show? What was your baseline E2 and FSH level? Are you typically a slow responder? If you are canceled, ask the dr to do another u/s in 4 to 5 days to see if you have a follicle growing. If there is a follicle then do an IUI when it's in the 18mm to 19mm range. You would also want your E2 level to be around 150 to 200. If your E2 fails to increase then don't do the IUI as there isn't a viable egg in the follicle.

I'm sorry this happened.

Old 03-06-05, 03:20 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Tara, I read through your old posts trying to get info on your cycle response. You may have been oversuppressed due to the months you spent on lupron for endo and then moving on to bcp. When I first started IVF, my body totally shut down from lupron and bcp. This carried over for a few months. If your body is suppressed your E2 level won't rise.

I changed clinics and used a protocol with stims and antagon. Without the lupron and bcp, my response improved.

Old 03-06-05, 05:28 PM
Soooo ready 4 a baby

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

thanks glinda, on baseline my e2 was 33, day 5 was 31 I had around 6 follies on each side ranging from 5-7s. I don't know what my FSH was. I go in the morning for day 9 lab and u/s. I am going to add my cycle info to my signature.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools