Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Help with all information about sperm donors

Help with all information about sperm donors

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-21-08, 09:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.67%
Question Help with all information about sperm donors

Ive never met anyone and my biological clock is ticking. Ive wanted a baby for the longest time. Ive been interested in finding a sperm donor online. What all do I need to know??? Ive heard of doing insemination at home by yourself. Is there any sperm donors online who ship to your house? Or would it be better to let a doctor do it? About how much does it cost? Is there anything I can do to get my body ready?

Old 05-30-09, 10:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 18.33%

Gosh, I used to spend a lot of time here for the exact same reasons you are here. It's so hard to get started, but this is where I got my answers. I do believe some banks will deliver to homes. I did not go that route. The first step is finding a doctor. Doctors may already have a set bank they work with. My doctor was non traditionalist and did me some favors in setting up inseminations. I did not go to a clinic, but some people in the office and the doctor came in whenever I needed.

I went through 5 cycles of IUI, then I tried some fertility medicine and continued for 3 more ICI cycles. I was inseminated 2 times/ cycle. IUI was less expensive. It's just the placement of the sperm. IUI is just inside the uterus, while ICI is inside the cervix. I had one possible early miscarriage and on the 8th try I got lucky. My handsome baby boy is now almost 6.

This is a really good place to be! Good luck. Glinda is a Goddess, and if Domestic Goddess/ Tracy is still around she is a saint!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools