Baby Corner

Old 09-09-05, 03:12 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default help- i need more advice

Hi girls, I start my gonal F shots or some people take Follistum, and I was wondering what tyoe of side affects you get from this shot. I feel like I have had every side affect from the pill, then Lupron, so why not figure out now what else to expect. Since most of you ladies seem to be knocked up--hooray for you- i thought there was no better people to ask what to expect. I am so happy i found this website and met all you ladies and it seems to be a lucky time to be going threw it with all these BFP's. Its hard to estimate but i think my retrieval will be in about 11-14 days. Oh to add to all the stress guess what my dh and I are picking up tomorrow? A 10 week old puppy! I know I am nuts, but we work opposite shifts and it would be convenient. i think i am acting maternally and just want to take care of something so am resorting to a puppy! I am even naming her LILY- I wanted to name a baby that but dh said no way, but agreed to name th edog it-go figure. hope all you preg ladies are good and everyone elsi is feeling sticky vibes!
Diane

Old 09-09-05, 04:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Sorry, I didn't have to do the gonal stuff. As far as the puppy, it's something exciting to keep you happy I say woohoo! You're nesting. That's great. I always want a puppy but we have two big dogs and I think DH would freak out. Good luck and just be patient all those nasty side effects go away sooner or later. Leslie

Old 09-09-05, 08:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I did not have any side efffect to the follistem and it worked really go for me, i had 14 grade 1(best quality) eggs retrieved. I only felt super super bloated as my follies grew. The only side effect i had was from the repronex and it made my tummy swollen on and red on the outside.

good luck

and have fun with new puppy, what kind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianelynn77
Hi girls, I start my gonal F shots or some people take Follistum, and I was wondering what tyoe of side affects you get from this shot. I feel like I have had every side affect from the pill, then Lupron, so why not figure out now what else to expect. Since most of you ladies seem to be knocked up--hooray for you- i thought there was no better people to ask what to expect. I am so happy i found this website and met all you ladies and it seems to be a lucky time to be going threw it with all these BFP's. Its hard to estimate but i think my retrieval will be in about 11-14 days. Oh to add to all the stress guess what my dh and I are picking up tomorrow? A 10 week old puppy! I know I am nuts, but we work opposite shifts and it would be convenient. i think i am acting maternally and just want to take care of something so am resorting to a puppy! I am even naming her LILY- I wanted to name a baby that but dh said no way, but agreed to name th edog it-go figure. hope all you preg ladies are good and everyone elsi is feeling sticky vibes!
Diane

Old 09-10-05, 10:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Diane, I took Ganal F and Repronex. I'm not sure which one made me moody, but that was my main symptom. I was bloated at the end, but that was due to the follicles I think. Try to have some fun and relax during the process-play with the new pup! Dogs can be such a great addition to the family!

Old 09-11-05, 08:02 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Thumbs down

I don't remember any side effects from the Gonal-F other than feeling a bit sore and tender as my follies grew. Once ready for the EC I had a day off from the busrelin+Gonal-F combo I was on, then a 10,000iu shot of HCG to mature the follies ready for collection, followed by two further 5,000iu shots after the embie transfer - those made me feel queasy.
Good Luck Diane! (

<-- follie dance ) and Congrats on the new puppy!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools