Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments HELP! Ovulating with immature follicles?

HELP! Ovulating with immature follicles?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-03-05, 08:22 AM
Mommy to Sophie and Gabe!

Thanked 31 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks everyone! We'll see how it goes today. I think I probably ovulated overnight because my temp was up from yesterday (bummer...). The IUI is scheduled for 9:30 am, so we'll see what happens. Yes, I am quite surprised that I had TWO follicles with an unmedicated cycle. I like the idea that 15mm are mature because it gives me an extra chance - but who knows! I added baby aspirin three days ago when I first heard that the lining was thin. I'm also planning a steak dinner for tomorrow tonight! I guess I just hope I won't have to have the where do we go from here talk. I have no idea how to "fix" my cycle, and I don't think clomid will be an easy answer given my lining.

Two finals to give today, then lots of grading.. but summer is almost here!

smk

Old 05-03-05, 01:06 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Honestly...don't do clomid. (insert a very serious look here). Maybe your thin lining was a fluke, but clomid is going to make it worse. I think women waste a lot of time with clomid because RE's convince them it's "the next step". Sure, lots of clomid babies walking around out there, but it does not sound like the logical next step for you.

I think your next step, if you want to avoid injectibles, is adding estrogen suppositories or patches to thicken your lining. If you want to try another unmedicated cycle, do it, but I would NOT do clomid. If you're not in a hurry, try a couple more unmedicated cycles with the estrogen, u/s, and a trigger shot. If I could only live that year over that I tried unmedicated and clomid cycles, I would have either gone right to low dose injectibles or IVF. While IVF might be extreme right off the bat, in my case it wouldn't have been (blocked tube, later no tube due to the ectopic).

Have you talked about an HSG?? I laughed at my RE when she suggested it and low and behold my left tube was blocked!!!! I would have bet $500 that everything in there was ok. I was shocked!!

How was the IUI today? Did they do an u/s? Were your follies gone? I still wouldn't say this is a bust. Even if you ovulated overnight and have the IUI at 9:30 there could still be a shot! Perfect timing for a boy.

Old 05-03-05, 02:13 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I agree with Maddy - Clomid shold be out for you & timing still sounds good!

Old 05-03-05, 04:23 PM
Mommy to Sophie and Gabe!

Thanked 31 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

IUI is done. It was actually pretty painful, probably because I think I ovulated overnight and was closed pretty tight already. They had trouble getting the catheter in, to the point that he said "I think we're going to have to do an ICI" and I busted out crying at that point saying it was a waste. He INSISTS that the egg can live longer than 6-12 hours, and I am crazy to assume that it is failed cycle. Thanks for the advice. I think that he will want me to (and I want to also) do one more unmedicated cycle and then do an HSG. I'm not sure if I can handle the pain of the HSG though - I was already in tears today (DP had a TERRIBLE experience with it).

Thanks Maddy for giving your advice. I will definitely bring up the lining issue next if this doesn't work. I finally got him to admit that I am borderline for LPD with an 11 day LPD, for which he prescribed progesterone, but as he says it is treating something that we don't REALLY know it there.

I'll let you know the results in two weeks time.

smk

Old 05-03-05, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

IA completely with Maddy. OMIT CLOMID for sure if you have to cycle again. Go straight to injectibles and that will also improve your egg quality!

Maybe it won't be necessary to even worry about all of this!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools