Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Help! Something is really not right.

Help! Something is really not right.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-19-06, 02:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Help! Something is really not right.

So we had our transfer of 3 beautiful day 5 embies this past Tuesday and are set to test Friday after Thanksgiving. Well, the progesterone injections have always been really really hard on me. I just do not understand how some people don't have any problems with them... Anyway, last night's injections has left we with horrible pain shooting down my leg and up my back. Now I am no new bie at fertility treatments, but this is really bad. I can barely move from the pain. I am going to take some more tylenool now but it is doing no goos at all. I think I am developing sciatica again but this is worse than the last time. Does anyone have any ideas about his. I am really close to calling re even though I became absolutely certain after this cycle that her employees are completely incompetent. I just don't know what to do except sit here and throb.

Old 11-19-06, 04:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

sounds to me like you hit a nerve with your injection (probably your sciatic nerve). I did the same thing with my injections only I didn't have pain, my leg and butt went numb. Unfortunately, it lasted for months and months. I think you should called the doc. because they might be able to give you something for the pain. No sense suffering if you don't have to. Good luck ....let us know the outcome. Missy

Old 11-19-06, 06:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Thank you Missy. I think so too. I really do not think this cycle is going anywhere anyway b/c I have the worst pms and cramping already. AF is so on the way. I just can't do anything without pain right now. I am gonna call. Thanks for your response.

Old 11-19-06, 10:25 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

it sounds like a hit nerve to me too! I have one from the dr giving me a pain shot after my last surgery and it still hurts when I lay on my left side or bump into it. I hope you dr can do something to help with the pain.

Old 11-20-06, 11:03 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

tracyann.....don't give up hope for this cycle. After I transreffer, about 5 days after I started cramping and it felt just like AF was coming. I had serious cramps! I now have 9 month old twins

My cramping lasted the whole 1st trimester. It felt EXACTLY like period cramps. Soooooo....moral of the story......don't judge it on cramps

Good luck Missy
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools