Baby Corner

Old 06-17-05, 07:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Herbal medicine

I have a question for you lovely ladies out there...... I went to my acupuncturist yesterday and we got to talking about the whole IVF cycle. She gave me some herbal meds. to take and told me that she has many clients that take them with great success. They are called "Cheng Yun Wan" infertility formula. She said that they are supposed to help me produce more and stronger eggs. Has anyone heard of these? I want to give everything a try, but I'm nervous about taking these? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks Missy

Old 06-17-05, 07:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Well I'm sure your "Western" Dr. will disapprove as mine did when I told him I was doing acupuncture. I'm sure she wouldn't of given it to you if it would be harmful. I'll ask my acupuncturist for you. Good luck Missy! Time to get pg! Leslie

Old 06-18-05, 02:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Missy, I copied this from an ad for Cheng Yun Wan.

**************************************************************************************************** ***
Infertility Pills is the classic prescription nourishing and invigorating the blood, and tonic for kidneys from the traditional Chinese medicine practitioner with long clinical experience. This formula is helpful to taking care of endocrine system through invigorating the blood and nourishing the kidney. It is prepared from the first-class medicinal herbs, such as epimedium macranthum, radix angelicae sinensis, ligusticum wallichii, achyranthes bidentata, cuscuta chinensis, semem plantaginis, curculigo orchioides, radix paeoniae alba, glochidion puberum, fructus schizandrae, rehmannia glutinosa lycium Chinense, that have used throughout history, so called "Si-er-wu-he-fang".

Recommended Use

Take 10 pills each time with boiled water, 2-3 times daily.
For a common disease, continuously take Infertility Pills 60 days (one course).
For a chronic disease, 2 or 3 courses is necessary.
Manufacturer Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

**************************************************************************************************** ****

This is just my opinion............I take issue with this. I'm all for acupuncture. I did it and now swear by it. My acupuncture dr is also licensed with chinese herbs. I never took any herbs because I was always cycling. I believe you need 3 months for it to be effective. You cannot take herbs while on infertility meds. The reason I take issue with Cheng Yun Wan is because it seems to be an all in one cure all. We are not all alike. We have dealt with different infertility issues. Any herb concoction you take should be designed for only you.

I never delved into any conversations with my acupuncture dr on the herbs so I can't tell you what he thinks. Here is his website

There are many articles on the site so I'm sure there is one dealing with chinese medicine.

Old 06-18-05, 05:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Glinda,

Thanks for your input. I was kind of leaning towards the same answer myself. I feel like I shouldn't be taking anything extra without consulting with my IVF doc. As much as I would love to try everything to get pregnant....it may not be such a good idea

Missy

Old 06-18-05, 06:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

My acupuncturist never gives me any herbs but is licensed as well. She does suggest flax seed oil, avocado and fish though. (One of those three once a day). I probably wouldn't take the Chinese herbs anyway, especially since you're getting great nuitrition. Glinda, Woohoo, to us ole' gals

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools