Baby Corner

Old 09-22-06, 02:51 PM
In Mommy Heaven

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Question Hey Single Ladies

I took my last BCP on Wednesday, so I am waiting for AF to see what my FSH looks like this time.

But now I am in a quandry. I have met someone that has the possibility of developing into a long-term relationship. Even though it is a very new relationship, I have been honest with him about my desire to have another baby "right away". I have not yet told him that I am actively TTC with donor sperm though (although he knows about Matthew of course). He has been honest with me - he wants three more children!

Should I hold off on TTC to see where this goes? I would imagine if things work out he would want my next pregnancy to be with his sperm! I have no problem with three more kids I always wanted a big family, but with my issues can I afford to wait 6-12 months to see if things work out (he is a bit old fashioned it is really sweet). I am also afraid that the "Hey BTW I am getting inseminated wish me luck" conversation may damage this new relationship.

What to do? I am sitting on $2,000 worth of Gonal F in my bathroom closet that will probably need to be started in the next 5 days. I wish I had met this guy 10 years ago - this is the first relationship that I have had in about 15 years that made me think I want to spend the rest of my life with someone.

Old 09-23-06, 03:25 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

My situation is a bit different, as the donor route I go through is free, but once I met someone who I thought there may be some substance to, and quite TTC until I knew for sure. Because you already have so much invested in this though, I think you should continue this month

Let us know how it goes

Old 09-23-06, 09:39 AM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

If you think he could be the one the tell him your plans and if he say's forget the donner lets do it then he really could be the one. you can discuss how long to wait and see what happens. you have to be honest if you want the relationship to work. good luck.

Old 09-23-06, 10:47 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I would not put off ttc for a new relationship. However, you might want to think about telling him that you are actively pursuing child #2. He will either run or say hey use my sperm which would be the best case scenario. If he does run then you have to think that you may have put off ttc for months and months and had the same end result. You would have wasted good cycles and ended a relationship.

I had to ask myself Mr. Right or children? You already know what my answer was. If I meet Mr. Right in the future then great. There are no time constraints on being in a relationship. There is only a small window for us to have children.

I realize this is not an easy decision to make. I wish you the love of a man that makes you happy and oodles and oodles of children

Old 09-23-06, 11:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Glinda couldn't have said it better !
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools