Baby Corner

Old 12-29-08, 01:27 AM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default hi everyone!

Hi everyone,

I'm 30 and dh is 45. We've done 2 iui's without success. Dh now wants to do IVF, our doctor has already told us how much it'll cost and the date she has available for us (jan. 30th). I have to call the doctor tomorrow to confirm that we want to go forward with this procedure. I'm really scared and nervous! Dh isn't at all and is getting impatient. I'm scared of the pain, the unknown, and the fact that if this doesn't work out, we might never have kids. We can't afford to do this more than once and dh doesn't want to even think of adoption.

If anyone can share with me what to expect, the pain, time, and up and down emotions, that would be great! Also, what is the success rate of IVF?

Old 12-29-08, 02:20 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Just wanted to wish you luck, there are some wonderful ladies on here that can probably help you out more

Old 01-08-09, 05:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey Ibentow!! My IVF date in 2/4/09. Look how close we are. I started my shots yesterday on 1/7/09. Have you started yours yet? Good luck! Hoping that we get to go to the DD boards together

Old 01-08-09, 05:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

OH I forgot to say... I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years now. It is scary. I am always worried about what if this never works. I feel like I have been doing this forever. I am trying to stay really positive this month. I am trying to send out as many positive vibes as I can. This is my first time going through IVF, so I really do not know what is ahead as far as IVF goes. I have started my Lupron shots. They do not hurt at all. I can tell you already that they make me extremely tired. I have been so tired.

Old 01-08-09, 05:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

my doctor can't tell me for sure that my ivf date will be 2/5/09. she said it'll be the day before or after, not sure. what shots are you taking? i haven't taken anything! the second day after my period this month, i'm supposed to take birth control pills. then on the 21st, i have to stop it, and then i have my first appointment. then i start the meds (shots) on the 26th, then monday.

we are thinking the egg transfer will take place on the feb 11th and then i have to be on bed rest for three days. then the doctor is going to put me off work until the 25th. what about you? is the process the same? isn't this all overwhelming? i feel like i'm going to forget something and screw up!

I'm excited (about the possibility of getting pregnant, finally), scared (that it might not work) and worried (since this is so expensive.). what about you?

does the shots hurt??
Thank you lbentow!
pearlgirlulm (01-08-09)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools