Baby Corner

Old 01-08-09, 04:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

This is my schedule. I started birth control two day after I started my period. I have been taking those for two weeks and 4 days. Yesterday I started my Lupron injections. These are the shots that make your body go into a menopausel state. They want you like that for some reason.

I stop taking my birth control on January 13. They want me to have one last period. Then I have a sonohyst. This is where they fill the uterus with saline solution to get a better look and measure where they want to put the baby. I have to have these all the time because I have polyps which restrict implantation. I have had two surgeries in the last six months to remove them.

If my sonohist goes good, (meaning that there is no polyps and my lining looks good) then I start my stimulation process. I start taking Follistim & Menopur , and Dexamethasone. If all goes well I take my Hcg trigger shot (which releases the eggs). I have my retreviel on February 1 and my Transfer on Feb 4. I am then on bed rest for 4 days.

So far my shots have not hurt. I take a ice cube and numb that area of my tummy before I do it. Plus the needle is very tiny.

I don't know if they told you but you can not work out. I did not know that until Tracey told me. I am very scared too. Luckily my insurace pays for IVF but I do not want to keep putting my body through this. I just keep trying to think positive.

Old 01-08-09, 05:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

our insurance paid for about half, so we are putting the rest ($7k) on our credit card. very nervous about it!

that's a great idea, with the ice cube. so do you feel nothing? have you talked with your hubby as to how many eggs you will decide to put back in? i was thinking 4, but my dh is freaking out. he wants to put in 2 or something. i just don't want to have to go through this more than once.

any other tips you can offer since you are ahead of me? i was very confused why they want me to take birth control before the ivf procedure. do you know?

Old 01-08-09, 08:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I have not decided how many we are going to transfer yet. I was thinking 3 because I know with my body not all of them would stick. However, I know that I will discuss it with my doctor the day of transfer. Also they can freeze the embryos you don't use so the next time all you have to do is a few drugs and then the implant the egg into you. You do not have to go through it all again.

The Lupron seriously does not hurt. I could not believe it. I did not even feel it. However, I have not started the stimulation and I think those needles you can feel more. When I went for for injection teaching the nurse scared me a little because she demonstrated saying that you had to jam it in, but actually I am being completely honest when I say that you can not feel it.

As far as the birth control goes, the next quoted I got from my doctor's website:

By putting the patient on BCPs, the menstrual cycle can be manipulated. This allows for flexible scheduling, the ability to plan ahead and to provide the patient with specific treatment dates that can be set well in advance. The patient usually takes these pills for a period of 2-5 weeks. This will in no way harm the patient's chances of conceiving.

You can look at his website

. He explains each and every medicine and why they do and how they do the process. Just click on the IVF link. It is underlined in the paragraph titled "Welcome to ReproMed Fetility Center." Then from there you click on whatever word you want that is underline.

I know that in previous post that Tracey gave some really good advice. She did tell me to drink lots of water. I already drink 64 onces but she advised even more than that because of the drugs. You want to make sure you have plently of water for you kidneys.

There's a post under the Invitro Boards titled "Who's" if you read all the comments. Tracey gives me some really good advice. I was suppose to go through IVF in November but had to stop to have surgery. I am so excited that we can talk about this!!! However, i want to let you know the two or three ladies that have gone before us in the IVF both are in the DD boards!!! So there is hope for us!!!

Old 01-10-09, 06:25 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

I just wanted to say that I felt the exact same way as you did in September last year.

I didn't have BC, I was on Provera, to bring on my period. Buserelin nasal spray x3 per day to suppress my own natural hormones. Puregon x1 injection per day to stimulate my ovaries, Pregnyl (hCG) to ripen the follicles ready for EC (egg collection) and then Cyclogest (Progesterone) pessaries from to keep my lining nice and thick from EC until I was 10 weeks.

The whole thing seemed totally overwhelming, and as a really really bad needle-phobic I was totally scared of every step, I was scared of the injections, blood tests, egg collection, the whole thing! But I just took it one day at a time, and it was much easier to handle that way.

With the support of Neil (my DH), I got through each step one day at a time. And I did it, and now after 10 years TTC I am 14 weeks pregnant with our very long awaited miracle.

Our first IVF/ICSI worked, miracles do happen.

Feel free to post here, or PM me anytime if you have any questions or worries

Old 01-10-09, 11:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Phew! I also have a needle phobia...so it's great to hear from your personal experiences. Thanks for all your quick responses!

Tracey-congrats on your pregnancy! Do you know if it's a single pregnancy, or are you having multiples? How many eggs did you decide to transfer? We, too, are doing ivf with icsi b/c hubby has low sperm count. We're hoping it works and not have to use donor sperm.

I try not to worry about it now, and just take it one day at a time.

Pearlgirlulm-how are you doing today? I want to transfer 4 eggs, but Stan (husband) only wants to transfer 2 because twins is as much he wants at one time and he doesn't want to do the selective termination (abortion?) if more than 2 eggs fertilize. Thank you for your support and help. I really appreciate! Are you still taking one shot a day? When do you start taking more?

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools