Baby Corner

Old 09-13-05, 05:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey Glinda my retrieval was August 26th and the Transfer was August-29th. So the end of the 2ww was the 12th, sorry if I confused you. I must have been confused myself!! hehehe...does this make sense? tx.

Old 09-13-05, 06:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks for the clarification

. Okay so your beta was done at 14dp3dt. I did my first beta at 10dp3dt and it was a 101. My clinic actually tells you to go in at 12 days but I couldn't wait since I saw the 2nd line (light line, I might add) come up on the evil pee stick. I suspected twins because I thought my beta was high for 10 days but my local dr said no after my 2nd beta only went up to 205. My previous betas had never actually doubled before and this was perfect doubling. I just felt the numbers were too perfect and my beta should have been lower coming off of a FET.

You have such a healthy beta number. Don't worry. My friend recently got a 46 on her first beta and she was miserable. Her next beta, 4 days later, was 276 (a little more than doubled). It's not the initial number that matters. It's what it does from there. It sounds like you had solid implantation. Also remember that the doubling rule is every 48 to 72 hours until the beta hits 1200 and then the doubling rate slows down.

Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-05, 06:18 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks alot Glinda, I knew you would be able to answer my question and thank you, you have put my mind to ease. I am even teary eyed just reading your post....I want this so bad, as we all do, but last time at my second Beta it did not double and then the third Beta of course was declining, then the fourth was miscarring. So I am needless to say trying to relax w/ the 156 but you have definately made me feel better. I can't say Thank You enough, they just don't tell you this stuff when you are going thru it. So tomorrow for me will be 48 hours, so it should be around 300 or so right? Wow, your number was high for frozen, wow, no wonder you had two little angels in there. Take care and thanks again.

Old 09-13-05, 06:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My clinic likes to see a 60% increase. So we want your next beta to be at least 250. Some betas do start off slow and then pick up speed. We just don't want your beta to go down. Also, my clinic wants the initial beta to be at least 50. That's what makes them happy. So we are VERY happy for you.

I'm going to add your good news to the "Important Dates" thread.

Old 09-13-05, 07:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Allison...my clinic says that over 100 is a very good beta, so rest assured that yours is a good number

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. My beta 11 days after transfer was 268 (but remember I have twins in there) and 4 days later was 1507. You will do great tomorrow...as far as worrying, it never stops

I just started my second trimester and still worry on a daily basis....I think that just comes with the territory. How many embies did you transfer? Glad to hear that you are rubbing your belly..I'm telling you, it works. Let us know tomorrow....I also go tomorrow for my Downs Syndrome ultrasound....I'm sure we will both have a very good day. Missy
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools