Baby Corner

Old 04-03-06, 07:47 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Smile Hiya guys hows everyone doing?

Hi all,

Just wondering how everyone is doing where everyone is in there treatment cycles?

Were doing great just waiting for my 1st AF after the d&c once she arrives I only have to wait for the AF after that and we are starting our 1st ICSI cycle we are very excited!

Another big piece of well gossip/news/plans is we are seriously thinking of moving to the usa. My sister lives in New Jersey and we are very close and I miss her terribly my brother has just gone out to join her on a student visa for a few years so I will miss him to. I miss my sister terrible now I am just imagining what it would be like once we have kids especially if my sister ends up carrying out her wish to be a surrogate for us if our treatment doesnt work out. We are in the early stages of thinking about it the biggest issue is the visa, my sister can sponser us with a family 4th category visa but wait is currently 10-12 years! Other options are I am nurse here in UK but am a Psychiatric Nurse and because here in UK we train 1 year in general nursing then 2 years in psychiatry I dont have the practice hours to be a RN however I am currently having my qualifications looked by GFNS to see if it converts and I can work as a LPN in a psychiatric unit. My other options are coming out on a student visa or training visa to do the LPN to RN conversion.

The other thought I had was coming over as full time foster carers for the state I dont know if there is any hope in that need to contact the New Jersey social services about this idea it is really just a thought or dream right now.

We are excited and know its going to take about 2 years to finish our ICSI here and get organised but I love the USA and look forward to our twice yearly holidays with my sister so much I just am praying we can work the visas out.

Ruthx

Old 04-03-06, 01:42 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow - exciting news! Hoping it all works out for you guys!

Old 04-03-06, 02:13 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

HURRAY!!!!!! That would be SOO cool for you all if you can move! I think the visas should work out one way or another.

Please keep us posted on your AF progress as well as any other thoughts on the move. This is very exciting!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools