Baby Corner

Old 09-20-04, 10:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Hmm..Any differences?

Now you'll have me wondering what day is best to transfer. I don't really get a choice the lab director calls and tells us if we need to let the embies go to day five and they don't ask us. Also our clinic will only freeze c grade and above blastocysts. They won't freeze the embies at day three or any other time unless they are blasts. Is this different than you'lls clinic? Also my Re will only transfer 2 embies, no more than two. I asked for three and he said no. How many will you'lls transfer?

Old 09-21-04, 07:40 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 115.1%

I know my RE's protocol is two, but for my friend he did 4! I don't remember why, but she wound up with twins

. I have to find out about their policy for what they freeze and when.
I can tell how exhausted I am by this whole process because I haven't found out every shred of info on freezing and embie grades, etc. I think I've reached my limit of info.

Old 09-21-04, 11:04 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

My clinic only goes to day 5 ifyou have several embryos and they look good so they can make it to day 5 blast without arresting. They do a 3 day transfer with most women. I had 5 transferred my last cycle but I am older. The amt. transferred is based on age and if it is a day 5 transfer they usually will only transfer 2 regardless since blasts seem to have higher pg rates. for your age they would have only transferred 2, the younger you are the better chance you have of the eggs implanting (unless you have quality issues) so they tend to be cautious because they don't want multiples.

found out recently that my clinic considers a multiple pg a failure for them. They prefer to see a singleton since multiples cause so man problems in some women.

Old 09-21-04, 11:44 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

My clinic will only transfer 2 blasts. A friend of mine asked if they would transfer 3 and the RE said, "No, and if you want 3 you'll have to find a different clinic." Apparently, it was put very nicely tho. So, they are adamant about only 2 blasts. I have another friend who they just did a 3 day transfer on and they put back four 3 day embies. For some reason I think they will only put back five 3 day embies, but it probably depends on the grades.

I know they will also only let your embies go to blast if you have three or four embies with 8+ cells on day 3. Anything below that is a 3 day transfer. My clinic likes to do a lot of 5 day transfers and they actually have incredible success rates with blasts.

Old 09-22-04, 02:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Thanks for sharing!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools