Baby Corner

Old 12-20-05, 08:38 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Holy Test Tube Batman!

The evil pee stick gave me a

!!!! I can hardly believe it - it still hasn't sunk in!

But wait, let me tell you - it was just a continuation of the rollercoaster, LOL! I woke up at 3AM and had to pee, so I grabbed the test & my watch and headed to the bathroom - my heart was beating like crazy! After EXACTLY 2 minutes I looked at it and it was a BFN. I took it back to show DH. I was definitely disappointed but I must've done my psychological homework well because I was surprised to find I wasn't utterly devastated. Or maybe there wasn't time for it to sink in.

So I get back into bed and DH says "Let me see that!" He says "I think it's positive." DH is much more clear-headed than me at times like these, so I figure he's lost it - if anyone's going to be grasping for straws it's me! Then he proceeds to read the instructions front to back including the Spanish part and I say "no it isn't" and he says "yes it is, look". So we lay there and stared at it, and after about three more minutes there was an undeniable faint line. !!!!!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for that beta of course and trying not to get too excited too early. Nobody else knows except DH, my mom, and you guys. I just hope this is for real and that little bean sticks around! I actually cannot quite believe this is happening to me.

I don't know how to thank all of you for all of your support and positive thoughts - I am absolutely sure that they made a difference. And the pineapple! I sincerely hope I can be as helpful to someone else in the future as you all have been to me.

Oh and one last thing that I hope will make you laugh - I ALREADY got into a (minor) argument with my mom over whether I would choose to carry triplets or not (she insists that I should). WTF?!? And so it begins!

xxoo
Julie

Old 12-20-05, 09:01 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Julie-
CONGRATS!!!! awesome news I know you are just over the moon w/ happiness!!! I am sooo happy for you and dh. You will have to let us know what the Beta says, do you get that back tomorrow? This is way too cool, is dh happy? and Mom? get use to the arguements w/ Mom, I have the quite often....keep us posted, how are you feeling otherwise?
Allison

Old 12-20-05, 09:15 AM
Paige's Mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

OH Julie.......I'm crying over here........ I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you, Merry Christmas. I just let out the loudest yell ( think I scared everyone in my house) Here's to a happy and health 9 months

Did I tell you how happy I am for you????????? You've made my Christmas.......

Rhonda you are next

Old 12-20-05, 11:07 AM
Carrie

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

lurking, I have been following your story and I am so happy for you and your husband,, Wishing you a happy health 9 months. Congratulations!!!!!

Old 12-20-05, 11:45 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

OMG, OMG!!! Julie! I'm so excited for you!

This is the best news I could've heard...Merry Christmas girlfriend, you really did it! Enjoy the moment, this is your time to shine. I wish you a happy, healthy, uneventful nine months. You've brought happy tears to my eyes, thank you.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools