Baby Corner

Old 08-08-05, 12:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Hormone Supps

So this is my last week of meds. YEA!!!

So, anyway I only had enough estrogen for one more shot (I'm suppose to do two) so I call the nurse line to aske if I should adjust the progesterone, as I am NOT going to buy another bottle of estrogen for one shot, and the nurse says "No, at ten weeks the placenta takes over for the baby so after that the hormones are all just extra anyway, so just take what you have till you run out". !! NOW! Here's what I have to say, then why the #*)$&#)& do we have to do the shots after ten weeks in the first place? Very expensive, and painful and if you have to do the supps GROSS! I'm excited that I'm going to stop the meds at once but bummed I did then for an extra two weeks for seemingly no reason. What do you guys think? Leslie

Old 08-08-05, 12:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Leslie- I'm glad you're getting to finally stop!! I do agree that some of the "just in case" type overkill meds seem like the industry is just trying to torment us! The accupunturist I see said that the body can't even absorb the amount of hormones they plan to give me after the transfer...I feel a bit at the mercy of my doctor...it is a good question as to why they give the amount they give!

Old 08-08-05, 01:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I read somewhere that your acupuncturist suggested the wild mexican yam progesterone. That's such a great idea. Wish it was an option. That's suppose to be the closest thing to our own natural progesterone anyway! Just guess you wouldn't be able to get the quantity right?? I don't know. In ten years all this will be so different we'll laugh at all we had to "go through". Hey, at least I'm pregnant. Leslie

Old 08-08-05, 03:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm glad you're done with the shots - that must be a relief! BTW, what were the suppositories like, aside from being gross I mean (I can imagine that part - I think!) :-) They are what I'll probably have to use. Please tell me they don't scent them.

Just out of curiosity, is IVF ever done without the progesterone? I did read of a place that does IVF entirely without drugs, or just Clomid if you want. One. Egg. At. A. Time. $3000ish.

And congrats on your pregnancy!
jjello

Old 08-08-05, 09:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

jjello, I've never heard of anyone doing IVF and not having to do progesterone. The two seem to go hand in hand. The suppositories are gross because first of all you leak it out during the day so you have to wear a pad (yuck). The worst part for me was that not all of it leaks out....it just sort of stores up in you. About two weeks later it decided to make a guest appearance and it was a mess for days. It just poured out (atleast that's how it felt). I felt so dirty

As much as I hate the shots, they are 50 times better than the suppositories.

Leslie, I don't understand that! I think they get a kick out of giving us extra stuff to do

I already had to repurchase progesterone because I ran out about a week ago. Hopefully I will have enough because I don't want to buy anymore. I don't know when I'll be able to stop. I get signed off to my regular doctor tomorrow so hopefully when I see him next week, he can give me a better idea. Are you at 12 weeks now? Was today Glinda's big day? Missy
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools