Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments How to find known donor in USA?

How to find known donor in USA?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-16-06, 04:35 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Smile How to find known donor in USA?

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone is around who knows me but as you can see from my signature we have been on a bumpy ride!!!

Well a quick update is we are moving to the USA 27th Dec this year we are so excited my sister lives in New Jersey and so does my brother as of tomorrow I miss my sister so much.

So we have decided if this icsi doesnt work we are going to return to donor sperm once we get to the usa if this doesnt work my amazing sister has offered to be a surrogate using donor sperm herself. I was never convinced over the success of our 12 diuis here the best donor smaple we ever had was HALF a million sperm 60% motility.

But I wondered about looking into using a know donor. I wondered how we went about finding someone in NJ who could donate for us is there any websites we could look at or organisations we could join.

Ruth x

Old 07-16-06, 10:20 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am not positive how you find a known donor. Mine is a good friends DH. I am not sure if they have banks with known donors though. Best of luck to you!

Old 07-17-06, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You might be able to find a donor through your RE's office when you get moved here.

I think there *could* be a website to find one but I'm not sure if there is one or not. Good luck and I'm so happy you are getting moved!

Old 07-17-06, 06:22 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Why do you want to use a known donor? Unless you already have someone in mind (maybe someone that your sister knows), I wouldn't go out looking for sperm that doesn't come from a sperm bank.

It is safer to use frozen sperm which has been quarantined for at least 6 months and then re-tested for diseases. I don't know of any dr that would permit fresh sperm (other than someone's husband) to be used during IVF without being tested. Furthermore, if this person tests negative and then goes screwing around while you are using him as a donor, you are endangering your sister's life.

I used a clinic in NJ for IVF. I will give you their info if you like. I had sperm shipped from Fairfax Cryobank to their office. They kept it in their freezer while I was cycling. They also do IUIs.

Old 07-17-06, 07:34 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I agree with Glinda that I wouldn't be using any fresh sperm in this day and age. We used Xytex, they are in Georgia, and they have a lot of open identity options if that is something you'd prefer. Good luck Ruth!!! Glad to have you here in the states with us!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools