Baby Corner

Old 09-24-04, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Stacy,
I also use Cyrobiology. DD Taylor will be 3 next month. We are TTCing now with the same donor.
We bought one for Taylor (yes it worked the first time). We didn't store any others. I kept checking with the bank for available and he was also listed as unlimited (meaning they have more than 30 vials available). If he had gone to limited, we would have purchased and stored them. We've been lucky with this donor.

We are going for our 2nd IUI next week (our 2nd try for baby #2).

We did the photo matching they offered.
You wouldn't believe how many people say DD looks like DH.

Last edited by TSLeer; 09-24-04 at 12:24 PM.

Old 09-24-04, 10:40 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Just wanted to wish you luck!!!

Old 09-27-04, 02:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default timing is everything BUT!!!!

I think to a great extent it depends on how many vials you will use each cycle. IUI can be a first time success story or the hardest thing you have ever done in your life type of deal. Timing is everything and most women tend to inseminate to late. Are you using a natural cycle? Now here is the big BUT, personally i would not commit to a donor for more than 6 cycles. I know it is hard to look for a donor and believe me i know you are thinking about a sibling ( i am at that point now, and have been lucky to be able to get first dibs on my donors next batch because i already have a child by him- ask your bank those types of questions) but from all my reading and i have read alot, it just is not a good idea to keep plugging away, e

no pun inteded, with the same donor if your end result is a BFN. If you have no fertility problems and you know you ovulate then six cycles is a reasonable time frame to expect to get pregnant in fact i think that is the average. Even if a donor had pregnancies in the program every one is different and maybe he is just not compatible with your genetic makeup, hey i know married woman who have been trying to get pregnant with their husbands baby for years with no known cause of infertility......... so the best advice i could give you is while your trying with this donor, work on lining up another --- just in case.......good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn
Hi Girls,
Well this is my first post looking for some feedback. DH and I have finally chosen our Donor, we're going through Cryobiology in Ohio. My question is how much to order or ship. My RE's office does have a cryo facility to keep extra for a few months and he suggested having 2 or 3 sent the first time so I'll have it for 3 months if required. I was also thinking of ordering additional and having them "stored" for future use; either for this time around or for a sibling. Like maybe buy 10, because Cryobiology will buy them back if they don't leave their facility. I just don't look forward to going through this Donor selection thing over and over, but don't want to buy too much. I don't know, what do you think or what have some of you done? I will probably be having my 1st IUI in mid to late October so I don't want to wait too long. Thanks for any suggestions!

~ Stacy ~

Old 09-28-04, 07:10 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 36 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Not sure how many vials you should buy in advance, but if you plan to have any more children and want to use the same donor, you should ask in advance how many vials are still available. I ordered from month to month and the cycle my son was conceived, CCB told me there was an "ample supply" which turned out to mean only that they had at least 10 vials left, which is really very little. By the next month, he was no longer available. CCB also abandoned their donor reactivation program so basically it meant there was no chance if I ever decided to TTC again that I could use the donor. In a strange twist I actually lucked into 6 vials this past June that had been released from a storage account into the "sibling warehouse" and I'm now pondering what to do with them, but it's just something to keep in mind when ordering.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools