Baby Corner

Old 07-14-05, 03:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default HSG Test

Well, I had the HSG test this morning and everything down there is working just fine

Boy, was that thing painful! But, it is all oaver and the first step in the whole IVF process is now under way!

Old 07-14-05, 03:54 PM
Annie & Charlotte's Mommy

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Sorry that the HSG was painful. I'm happy that everything is good.

Old 07-14-05, 09:22 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I'm so happy you successfully got the HSG out of the way and everything went well. Sorry for your pain, but hopefully it's only temporary. Really excited you can start getting things underway for your IVF. Wishing you the best in the test to follow.

Old 07-14-05, 10:15 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default are you ok?

[Hi there, so you had your HSG today? Tell me all about it. i am going for mine next wednesday! why is it so painful? did you take the pain meds before? now i am nervous, tell me what happened?
Diane

QUOTE=christinarhoad]Well, I had the HSG test this morning and everything down there is working just fine

Boy, was that thing painful! But, it is all oaver and the first step in the whole IVF process is now under way!

[/QUOTE]

Old 07-15-05, 09:57 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Diane - Sorry to scare you

I did have the HSG done, and it was painful, but I think I was a unique case. I was really nervous b/c I went in without my husband, so stress was already a bit high. Then, when they were doing the procedure, I could not get my muscles to relax in order to accept the dye. My doctor also said I have a little uterus/folopian tubes (which in neither good or bad) and that made the procdure slightly harder. But everything checked out ok, and that was the whole reason to ahve the procedure done

! Also, the pain part lasts a total of about 5 minutes and it is COMPLETELY over. I felt great the rest of the day

Once the procedure was done, so was the discomfort

If you have any questions before you go in, please let me know. I don't think this test is as bad for most people, I just got to have extra fun

. The way I look at it is that I never get cramps with my period, so maybe this was just payback for all those years of easy street

!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools