Baby Corner

Old 10-25-05, 09:57 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default I am back with a question

Hello all! I have been dropping in and out for about a month now trying to catch up on what everyone is doing. It is so nice to see some familiar faces. I can totally empathize with Rachel's situation. Rachel and I seem to be leading parallel lives. I have decided to try for a second child. I have had 2 BFN's in 4 months. I have only been able to try every other month due to screwy hormone levels. While my FSH seems fine so far, my estrogen is OUT OF WACK! One month it shows me young and spry, the next I am an old hag. I am sitting out a month and waiting on AF. It is now a couple of days away. But for the past 4-5 days my bb's have hurt so very bad...pregnancy type of hurt. In general they don't hurt pre-AF. I took a dollar store pregnancy test on 2 days ago and it showed a negative...are those things reliable? I called my doctor and was told it may be a cyst on my ovary. I have not had any cysts before and none were found 4 mths ago when I began trying again. Is anyone familiar with cysts? Can they spring up that fast?

Are there any other symptoms that may indicate a cyst? Is there a chance in hell that I may actually be pg? My last IUI was September 22; AF came Oct. 8 and lasted 3 days of normal to light flow.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Nice to be back in the land of support and friendship.

Jen

Old 10-26-05, 07:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey Jen. The cysts dealt with over here are usually unruptured follicles. So one wouldn't just show up overnight. If your estrogen has been out of whack maybe it's because you had cysts. A higher than usual E2 usually means there is a cyst lurking about. Your bbs may be sore because your P4 was higher this month. Did you do a beta last month or just waited for AF to show? Monique always got AF when she was pg. If you're not pg, I think you should have your P4 tested after your next IUI. A 3 day AF is kind of on the short side. I wonder if your lining has been thin. By the way, if you do have cysts they usually disappear within 1 cycle.

Seth is absolutely gorgeous!

Old 10-26-05, 08:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey Glinda! What is interesting is that I had a sono looking for cysts on my first round. Nothing. E2 was great. Did the meds, IUI and BFN. Next cycle had high E2 and normal FSH. Did the meds and O'd unexpectedly. Next cycle, normal E2 and FSH, IUI on Sept 22. Tested day 10-13 and had BFN. AF came on Oct 8-10...normalish AF. Fourth round, day 3 gave high E2 and normal FSH so we skipped that month. I am now awaiting for AF and she always comes on cd21 so I am looking for it tomorrow. My bb's started hurting about 5 days ago.

I guess my point is that I have not had a consistently high E2. Is that consistent with a cyst? Does it come up repeatedly and then disappears the next cycle? I can find much info on cysts... What would a P4 test tell me post IUI? I usually do progesterone suppositories.

How are you babies? Any recent pics? Are you overwhelmed with twins? I really hoped for twins with Seth so I would be here again as I am now!

Jen

Old 10-28-05, 05:56 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hoping things straighten out for you quickly!

Old 11-01-05, 01:36 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Jen!!

I had AF full blown with several of my pregnancies and I would go for a beta HCG with your doc. It could be a leftover cyst, but my gut tells me to spur you for a blood test. Wouldn't that be the coolest? I hope you are indeed pg and I will be watching for the results. Let us know!!!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools