Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments I Caved In To The Evil Pee Sticks

I Caved In To The Evil Pee Sticks

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-14-04, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 152 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I am wishing you tons and tons of sticky vibes.

Old 12-14-04, 02:35 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Hoping and praying that this is it for you.

Old 12-14-04, 03:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh my gosh, Glinda, this sounds like IT.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are pregnant, sister.

You may hate me for saying the following, but I'm going to do it anyway because I like you:

Because you are pregnant, I'm now going to shake you by the shoulders right now and tell you that it is officially time to go from feeling negative to feeling NEUTRAL. No, not positive, neutral. Positive can be hard to buy sometimes, we all know that. But you CAN be neutral. You can say to yourself, "There is at least a chance that I am going to have a baby this time." Can you replace all the negative stuff in your head with that statement, or something similar? How about:

For now, I am pregnant.

I may have a healthy pg this time

I don't know if I'm going to have a baby this time or not

...or something like that. You need to start taking good care of yourself, which means soothing your frame of mind. So find a mantra you can believe in that doesn't make you feel like sh** and start repeating it to yourself all the time!!

This also means that you must turn the corner and stop deciding that you know what every feeling you have in your belly means. You're pumped full of all kinds of crazy drugs, plus your body is getting ready to carry a pg. I know you've had enough experience with this to have an encyclopedia of symptom patterns in your head, and there is some validity in that, but you cannot tell me that you are 100% guaranteed to miscarry or have an ectopic this time, can you? Well can you?? No!!

I mean, what if someone else said that same stuff to you?? Can you imagine?? If a friend said to you, "It's probably ectopic," or "This will never work," or "You're going to kill this baby." AAAAAHHHH!!! You'd be all over this board ranting about it, and we'd all be screaming in indignation. It would be brutal, not to mention baseless and untrue. So stop trying to convince yourself of that because at this point it is a lie you are repeating to yourself, and it's a mean lie at that. Time to stop stop stop saying that stuff to yourself. Time to be nice to Glinda.

So there. Sorry if I sound soapboxy. Can't help it.

I'm so, so very happy for you, F. You deserve this.

Last edited by sarehl; 12-14-04 at 03:12 PM.

Old 12-14-04, 03:44 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

AMEN!!!

Old 12-14-04, 05:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sarah that is so well said!
Glinda i totally understand why you are apprehensive, expect the worst and scrutinise every number and symptom BUT i like sarahs idea of stay neutral for now. Let yourself believe just a little it can happen. After having 5 miscarriages myself i was a nervous wreck my whole pregnancy but there were moments and days i let myself enjoy the moment and believe i could get a live baby at the end. Looking back i am glad i did take those times to savour those moments so i wouldnt think of the whole pregnancy as one big stress experience. Just take 1 day at a time, dont stress whats ahead, right now let yourself enjoy the moment - i am also trying to even with such low numbers. Some hope is better than none at all.

Hoping, you, me, Maddy and Jamie can all hold hands till August together.....
JB
xxx
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools