Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments I Caved In To The Evil Pee Sticks (same as IVF board)

I Caved In To The Evil Pee Sticks (same as IVF board)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-13-04, 09:27 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default I Caved In To The Evil Pee Sticks (same as IVF board)

I succumbed to imaginary peer pressure. My friends from my IVF clinic kept sending me e-mails asking if I had tested. Jaime tested early. Maddy's clinic tested her early. When I read that JB was going to go to her clinic early, I said to hell with it. I already had my box of FREDs. I then bought a box of the CVS sticks because they detected Jaime's initial low beta. A girl can never have enough pee sticks

I lowered a cup into the toilet and peed into it (I know you want all these details). Otherwise I would have peed all over my hand as I was groggy at 6 am. I also knew I was going to use 1 of each brand of evilness so I needed a container.

I watched a 2nd pink line emerge on the FRED. Then I used the CVS stick and there was barely a line. It took about 10 minutes for a 2nd line. I start to cry. I had been feeling pulling on my right side (nothing like signs of AF) the last couple of days so I was panicked when I didn't feel this anymore and one line was lighter than the next. I showered and then ran to the dr I saw over the summer for IV antibiotic treatment. There was no one at the front desk so I walked right back into his office. He was surprised to see me. I just burst into tears again. He came over and hugged me. I just opened my hand and showed him the sticks. I said help me, I don't want to kill off another one. He asked me if I wanted to do a beta. My clinic told me to have the test done on Thursday. I told him that it was 10dpt. He said that at this point, I needed to have a hcg level between 20 and 30 and then around 60 to 70 on Wednesday. I agreed to the test. He said if my number doubled, he would want me to do another round of IV antiobiotics treatment.

Before I went to the lab, he told me to start calling him around 2 pm and pester him for the results. At 1 pm, he called my office. He starts off with "I'm sorry to say....". I went cold inside. He then continued....."you're pregnant". I whispered "what's the number?" as if I said it aloud something would jinx me. My beta was 101. I'm 10 dpt. I've never had a number this high this early.

This afternoon, I had throbbing on my left side in the tube area. Visions of an ectopic pg start running through my head. I tried to convince myself that I wouldn't feel anything this early if it is ectopic. I have since popped 2 tylenol and the throbbing seems to have subsided. Time will tell.

I haven't asked this in a very long time but......I need your prayers. I have come so close so often. Every time it's within my reach, something goes wrong. I really need a pg to go right. I need my betas to double and I need the pg to be in my uterus. I just don't know how I would be able to cope with another m/c.

Thank you, thank you

(sorry for sounding so pathetic)

Old 12-13-04, 09:42 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

First, I'm so happy that you're sharing with us

. Second, WOW this sounds really good!! I've been thinking of you every day and wanting to call, but not wanting to disturb you :con:. You already know I am praying so hard for you. If this works for you, I may have to reconsider my decision to quit.

Old 12-13-04, 10:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

WOW!!!!!! This is such great news!!! I had no idea where you were in your cycle because you don't post a lot about yourself here...and you are always so supportive of everyone else.

I PRAY that this is a sticky sticky little embie or two!!!! Let this be the start of our string of HAPPY HOLIDAY BFPS!!!

That's a great beta for only 10dpt.

Old 12-13-04, 10:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glinda I'm crying right now man I wish I still had your number becuase I want to call you and tell you how happy I am for you now my little story on my post is coming true you are going to have to read it girl. I have been praying like crazy for you and I'm going to keep it up. I know that God is looking down on you and smiling and laugh at you for not waiting but happy that you are no longer wondering. I guess you can put that sticker on now DONE.

I love you girl you are a great person and going to make a great mother.
christina

P.S. I really now hope that is is my month also becuase I want be there with you and Jamie. we have been through so much together in the past this would be a great thing to share also.

Old 12-13-04, 11:22 PM
We're having another baby

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glinda
I am SO happy to read your post.

I have been doing a lot of praying for ALL of us over the past few days, and I so hope that this is the month for ALL of us. .Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out for you..

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools